The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to a continuing DDoS attack, FPN could be moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with this. The earlier reported hardware issue has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Identification Bruynzeel Caligraphy Pens Set

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 taraspasternak

taraspasternak

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:48

Hello everybody.

The seller sent me a photo of caligraphy pens set by Bruynzeel, but I cant identify it. The seller wrote that it is from England. Perhaps somebody know something about this set.

Thank you for helping.

Attached Images

• 619339820_2_644x461_nabor-chernilnyh-perev-bruynzeel-angliya-fotografii.jpg
  • 619339820_6_644x461_nabor-chernilnyh-perev-bruynzeel-angliya-.jpg
  • 619339820_7_644x461_nabor-chernilnyh-perev-bruynzeel-angliya-.jpg
  • 619339820_8_644x461_nabor-chernilnyh-perev-bruynzeel-angliya-.jpg

Edited by taraspasternak, 11 October 2018 - 08:57.

Sponsored Content

#2 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:25

Hmm, I think I have a similar set (but smaller; two stubs and a normal nib) that I bought relatively cheap from a local stationary shop. I'm not sure it's the same one, but the sections look similar with the large checkering; I see if I can dig it up later to verify.

Basically the normal nib (I don't remember if it was fine or medium or whatever) worked well, but neither of the stubs would write. Like, at all. It was a cheap-feeling pen, so I gave up on it quite quickly, even though to be honest it would be a perfectly serviceable standard-nibbed fountain pen.

#3 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:27

Don't know it but is a set. Only the two lower nibs are of use....the others are way too fat, and two are for outlined letters.

I have a cheap Manuscrip make with a BBBB that is only good for making Headers and at least one of those nibs is even wider than that.

Don't buy.

Look in English Ebay for a 6 nib Osmiroid calligraphy set, if it comes with a pen, it is a cheap feeling pen...one is a sac, so you'd waste money getting it re-sac'ed. How ever the Osmiroid nibs will fit Esterbrooks. :thumbup: I have such a set. All six widths are usable. Still have two Esties too. :)

You can also get a Lamy Joy/Safari with a 1.5 mm nib, that will write wide enough that you can see what mistakes you make as you learn by copying letters out of a calligraphy book, and you can swap a 1.1 nib in and out of your Safari/Joy.

I was just talking on another post about how little Italic calligraphy is refereed to here....and there is so many great scripts.

Sheaffer made an adequate set, but the Osmiroid is better.  I gave my Sheaffer set to my god child, in I had that Osmiroid.

Everyone says poor Mozart dead at only 36. None say poor Mendelson, dead at only 38. His family only allowed him to start at 20, but before, musicians use to come to the Mendelson garden to steal the music of Mendelson and his sister. A good artist also, can still buy prints of his famous Scottish drawings in Scotland.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pens/inks/paper on hold for a year....new addiction pocket watch chains. :happyberet:

#4 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,628 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:37

Bruynzeel is Dutch and they make a nice school pen, of which I have several. I've never seen or used their calligraphy pens, and these, as Bobo says, look all but useless - much too fat! Also, the cartridges look pretty much dried up. You'd have to add water and hope for the best with those...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#5 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 21:51

...mmm...maybe PLATINUM brand from England...??

#6 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2018 - 14:38

...mmm...maybe PLATINUM brand from England...??

Did you perhaps mean PlatiGnum ?

Sponsored Content

|