The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Shaeffer Balance Ii - Tube At Back Of Section

shaeffer balance section tube repair replace balance ii

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flymark

flymark

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2018 - 19:36

I have a Schaeffer Balance II, purchased years ago and the tube running through the back of the section was damaged.  Has anyone had this happen to them? Any chance this can be repaired or replaced for a reasonable sum?   

Attached Images

• IMG_3811 (1).JPG

This space intentionally blank.

Sponsored Content

#2 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2018 - 20:02

I have a Schaeffer Balance II, purchased years ago and the tube running through the back of the section was damaged.  Has anyone had this happen to them? Any chance this can be repaired or replaced for a reasonable sum?   

You will need to replace the feed..'cause the nipple on the back has been broken off..therefore you can not use your Sheaffer converter nor cartridge.

Yes it can be replaced.

Fred

#3 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2018 - 22:35

I have to wonder how one /could/ break the nipple -- on mine it is a metal tube with the core of the feed coming up inside. That photo looks more like someone pounded on the end of the nipple and drove it into the second (can't tell if the feed has moved out the other end).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shaeffer balance, section, tube, repair, replace, balance ii

Sponsored Content

|