The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Moonman M100

moonman fountain pen m100 chinese

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#101 sansenri

sansenri

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 20:39

It seems like it only writes well when you apply pressure so I think you can try to spread the tines. Just grab the shoulder and pull gently. It's actually pretty common for Bock/Jowo/Schmidt nibs. Also Pilot nibs from oversea retailers. These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users. 

will give it a try, thanks

you're right about needing to have some nib adjusting knowledge...

PS, I have just tried, it has improved!

I may need to insist a bit more.

Thanks, I was not sure this might be the issue, I had never seen this strange behavior before (only on the upstroke)

Edited by sansenri, 21 March 2019 - 21:28.

Sponsored Content

#102 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 21:20

These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users. 

I'm afraid you may be right. I wonder if manufacturers are making dry nibs on purpose based on the assumption that everyone has been ruined by ballpoints and will apply a lot of pressure anyway haha.

Incidentally, I just finished another fill on my M100 and it has always been slightly wet with flow, just a little scratchy for me. It performed marvelously when grading 70 student essays on the worst kinds of paper imaginable.

Edited by TruthPil, 21 March 2019 - 21:22.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#103 Lomarion

Lomarion

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 17:45

After being out of stock for few month M100 returning, so if anyone who wanted to buy Moonman M100 and didn't had a chance - they are restocking them in Dark Rose, Brown, Quicksand blue and Art Genre/Art Red? this probably happened few days ago because i was cheking last week and there still was only few left, and now you can again find them in this 4 colors both at Taobao and Ebay. Enjoy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, fountain, pen, m100, chinese

Sponsored Content

|