The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Moonman M100

moonman fountain pen m100 chinese

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 20:39

It seems like it only writes well when you apply pressure so I think you can try to spread the tines. Just grab the shoulder and pull gently. It's actually pretty common for Bock/Jowo/Schmidt nibs. Also Pilot nibs from oversea retailers. These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users. 

will give it a try, thanks

you're right about needing to have some nib adjusting knowledge...

PS, I have just tried, it has improved!

I may need to insist a bit more.

Thanks, I was not sure this might be the issue, I had never seen this strange behavior before (only on the upstroke)

Edited by sansenri, 21 March 2019 - 21:28.

Sponsored Content

#102 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• 2,233 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2019 - 21:20

These days I almost feel like adjusting the flow is a must-have skill for FP users. 

I'm afraid you may be right. I wonder if manufacturers are making dry nibs on purpose based on the assumption that everyone has been ruined by ballpoints and will apply a lot of pressure anyway haha.

Incidentally, I just finished another fill on my M100 and it has always been slightly wet with flow, just a little scratchy for me. It performed marvelously when grading 70 student essays on the worst kinds of paper imaginable.

Edited by TruthPil, 21 March 2019 - 21:22.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#103 Lomarion

Lomarion

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 17:45

After being out of stock for few month M100 returning, so if anyone who wanted to buy Moonman M100 and didn't had a chance - they are restocking them in Dark Rose, Brown, Quicksand blue and Art Genre/Art Red? this probably happened few days ago because i was cheking last week and there still was only few left, and now you can again find them in this 4 colors both at Taobao and Ebay. Enjoy.

#104 Silmaeween

Silmaeween

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 14:41

Hello everyone ! I did order awhile ago 2 moonman M100 (sand something and the rose one). Unfortunetely they are the worse writers ever. I asked to a youtuber which brand for changing the all nib unit and he says Schmidt. Here is the none fun part, I don't find any online shop whom sell #5 schmidt nib unit, and in the schmidt website there is too much references I am totally lost. If someone has a good sellers in mind I will be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

#105 JollyCynic

JollyCynic

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 14:59

My M100 also came with a pretty bad nib.  I could only find Schmidt nib units at JetPens in America.  The cost with shipping to Europe was literally more than the pen.  There were a few size 5 nibs I wasn't able to make work (Moonman own-brand, for example), and I did get Jinhao nibs to work, but wasn't really pleased with them over time.

Finally I just had to fix the Schmidt that came with it.  It took a long time, and I had to come back to it a few months later after I'd practised a lot more.  But it's an absolute beauty of a nib and pen, now.

#106 Silmaeween

Silmaeween

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 16:32

My M100 also came with a pretty bad nib.  I could only find Schmidt nib units at JetPens in America.  The cost with shipping to Europe was literally more than the pen.  There were a few size 5 nibs I wasn't able to make work (Moonman own-brand, for example), and I did get Jinhao nibs to work, but wasn't really pleased with them over time.

Finally I just had to fix the Schmidt that came with it.  It took a long time, and I had to come back to it a few months later after I'd practised a lot more.  But it's an absolute beauty of a nib and pen, now.

Thanks... I don't think I will keep the owner nib... I will try with the nib unit from Jet pens even they don't really have choices except there is a broad one. I hope someone can have anymore info. I did try with a Jinhao as well but it feels not great to write with, to be honest I want to give them a chance and not to put my pens in garbage, the feeder is also in the dry side... so all the unit needs to be put aside for something else. Thank you for your experience, I keep in mind jetpens.

#107 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 2,731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 23:41

Hello everyone ! I did order awhile ago 2 moonman M100 (sand something and the rose one). Unfortunetely they are the worse writers ever.

Hmmm. In which way(s) specifically are they such bad writers?

I bought four Moonman M100 pens a few months ago, and the nibs all write fine (in more ways than one); on the strength of that, I just bought four Moonman M200 pens (which I just picked up from the post office a few minutes ago) because they also have Schmidt nibs.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

#108 Silmaeween

Silmaeween

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 16:40

Hmmm. In which way(s) specifically are they such bad writers?

I bought four Moonman M100 pens a few months ago, and the nibs all write fine (in more ways than one); on the strength of that, I just bought four Moonman M200 pens (which I just picked up from the post office a few minutes ago) because they also have Schmidt nibs.

Hi sorry to answer only today. On holydays so I don't really have the net everywhere. It's badly scratchy, I try to fix it but only few progress. Maybe baby bump and the feeder seems dry (canal obstruction ???). It's get better with a Jinhao fine nib so I will try to find some schmidt nib unit (which is the best brand to use for this pen).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, fountain, pen, m100, chinese

Sponsored Content

|