The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Would You Rather Buy A Lamy Cp1 Pt Or A Pelikan M600?

lamy pelikan m600 cp1 pt

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2018 - 16:06

Hello!

The two, most-important differences between these two models is that the Pelikan has a dedicated piston-filler, and the pen's diameter is considerably wider than that of the CP1.  The Lamy CP1 is a cartridge/converter pen and its diameter is close to that of a standard, round wooden pencil.

Bottled ink converters can, at times, be a problem because of poor manufacturing tolerances of the converters.  I have never had a problem with the Pelikan piston-filler, including taking M600 pens in jet aircraft (no leaks).

The M600 is serviceable: the nib unit can be removed/changed; the ink reservoir can be easily cleaned and lubricated.

The 14K gold nib of the CP1pt can be easily changed.  Lamy proprietary cartridges in several colors are available and Monteverde also manufactures Lamy-style cartridges.

Although I have used, collected, and enjoyed using Lamy writing instruments for decades, I would choose the Pelikan M600 model over the Lamy CP1.

However, I must say, a fairer comparison would be between the standard Lamy 2000 and the Pelikan M600.  Although the M600, with its various color choices, may be considered, by some, to be a prettier pen, just considering price, the L2K may be the better choice. The Lamy 2000 fountain pen can be dismantled and re-assembled without tools for cleaning and service, and it is an elegant, Bauhaus-inspired design.  Like the M600, I have never had a problem with the piston unit of the L2K.

Regards, Robert

Ought to be pinned for future reference, a spot on comparison.   :thumbup:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Sponsored Content

#22 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:15

Between those two specifically I would go for the M600 (though I personally would prefer a vintage M600 which at the time was M400 sized but more adorned) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, pelikan, m600, cp1, pt

Sponsored Content

|