Scribo Feel

ralfstc

Hi folks,

I'm very excited about the new Scribo model, made by a small Bolognese company that is continuing the tradition of Omas. The pen will be launched at the London Show this weekend.

fpn_1538595839__feel2.jpg
I've been trying to ferret out some details on the model, and here's what I've managed to pick up by various means. The trim is Ruthenium, which is a great move in my opinion, and the pens will come with a flessible nib option. They will be available in some B&M stores, as well as directly from Scrittura Bolognese through a web store.
I look forward very much to this pen, and hope somebody at the London Show can send us a report!
Cheers,
Ralf
Edited by ralfstc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ralfstc

• Seney724

• gmax

• dapprman

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely still have my attention :-)

I got a "pre-order" email today, so I did. No sign of the price though. Definitely looking forward to hearing about that.

My partner and I can't decide which one we like more. You can see where this is going, right?

Ralf

...My partner and I can't decide which one we like more. You can see where this is going, right?

One of each? :rolleyes: :lol:

Dapprman, a report from the LWES would be great :thumbup:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious :unsure:, but does anyone know if these are piston fillers?

✒️ :happyberet:

Yes, that are piston fillers.

gmax: Exactly, my friend. One of each . . . .

dapprman: A report would be fabulous, thanks!

Ralf

Looks a bit like the old OMAS Paragon after catching a case of entasis

I had that around the Urals once . . .

Scribo list members who expressed an interest in pre-orders should have received an order form now, complete with prices . . .

R.

Had a good look and feel of the pen today, took a phew photos, and had a decent chat with Luca Baglione. I'll look to try and get a report together (not able to get a writing sample alas). The old - if it's not a paragon and it's not OMAS celluloid, then we do not care for it brigade are never going to be happy, however this is a SCRIBO pen, not an OMAS. though it has DNA in the nib, the people who work at SCRIBO, and the facets. It is also targeted at the market area previously covered by the Paragon. Core notes:

• SCRIBO are continuing to use the OMAS specific nibs produced by Bock.
  • The nibs will be the standard expected range of 18k and 14k (the latter being semi-flex).
  • It is a piston filler.
  • Ebonite feed.
  • Two colours, one dark blue, one SCRIBO corporate colours.
  • It is very well balanced.
  • It is not designed to be capped.
  • The grip area is also faceted, and is comfortable.
  • Packaging is a simple box and a part leather pen roll - the latter designed for real world use and looks tough - space to carry two pens in it.
  • Cost is similar to what a standard (so cotton resin) Paragon would now cost if OMAS were still around.

Thanks for the update dapprman :) The facetted grip section sounds unusual!

Did you get any idea of availability in the UK - timing, stockists etc.?

✒️ :happyberet:

November was mentioned, but I don;t know if that's just for direct pre-orders or not. Stockists - Write Here, not sure about else where - didn't ask TBH and he was John Hall's guest.

Dapprman:

As a member of the "if it's not a paragon and it's not OMAS celluloid, then we do not care for it brigade" I believe you have mischaracterized our issues with what SCRIBO (and ASC) have been trying to accomplish.

Both SCRIBO and ASC have tried to use their "link" to Omas, either by virtue of having their remaining stock (ASC) or their former employees (SCRIBO) as representative of their being the reincarnation of Omas. Neither are or will ever be Omas and IMO ought to drop their efforts to lure buyers by invoking the Omas brand name. They should sink or swim on the merit of their products alone.

Krone has advertised that they have the actual DNA of some long deceased individuals embedded in the caps of their pens. That does not make them that individual, does it??? Nor does having "Omas DNA" by way of former employees now working at SCRIBO justify a claim that the SCRIBO pens are the new Omas.

You are correct, this member of that "old" brigade does not like any of the pens produced, to date, by SCRIBO. However, as time goes by if SCRIBO produces a pen that appeals to me I will gladly purchase it. But, make no mistake, I'll be purchasing the pen because I like that particular SCRIBO pen and not because it was produced by former employees of the now defunct House of Omas .

SCRIBO is SCRIBO. Omas is gone.

R.I.P Omas!

I tried a few Scribo pens today at the London show, and was mightily impressed. They may not be Omas (not that they are claiming to be), but they appear to be creating something very special indeed...

Too many pens; too little writing.

I think we'd all enjoy hearing a little bit more regarding your impressions, mongrelnomad . . .

I think we'd all enjoy hearing a little bit more regarding your impressions, mongrelnomad . . .

Exceptionally well made, lovely materials, brilliant nibs that remind exactly of Omas. I didn't expect to like them, but I did. A lot.

Too many pens; too little writing.