Pelikan Souverän Special Edition 600 Vibrant Orange

Fritz Schimpf

With the first cold and rainy autumn day here in Tübingen, we are happy to have received news

about the next special edition from Pelikan. The Pelikan Souverän Special Edition 600 Vibrant Orange

fountain and ballpoint pen really brighten the day.

post-80974-0-29466700-1538388269_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-04650300-1538388284_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-23279400-1538388299_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-21732000-1538388314_thumb.jpg

The cap and barrel are made of shiny orange acrylic resin with different hues of orange which reflect the

light in a fascinating way. Together with the golden clip and rings the overall impression is very warm.

The fountain pen will be offered in four nib sizes: EF, F, M and B.

We are offereing these pens for pre-order now. They will be available by mid November. Here is the link to our offer:

https://www.fritz-schimpf.de/Neuheiten/Pelikan-Souveraen-Special-Edition-M600-Vibrant-Orange-Kolbenfuellhalter.html

In our opinion the black grip section and the piston knob would have been nicer if made in the same lovely color and

not in black. What are your thoughts?

Best regards
Fritz Schimpf

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• mana

• amk

• WaskiSquirrel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lovely pen! Been waiting for a larger version of the 320 for a long time and here it is. I think the black makes the orange material pop and I love the contrast. The ball pen lacks "something" because of it. ymmv

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

WOW, stunning.

Oh well, budgets are just hypothetical anyway.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

In our opinion the black grip section and the piston knob would have been nicer if made in the same lovely color and not in black. What are your thoughts?

Yes, I agree - the ballpoint looks nicer because it is all one colour. Also I REALLY dislike the gold finial in the cap compared with the old black one - that applies to all the new models.

The orange is still very pretty, though. I might try to see one before deciding.

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I think I know what to buy as a birthday present to myself... :) Just wish those came with CI/Italic or stubby B/BB/3B nibs as a factory option, will most likely plonk in a vintage nib as a replacement though.

Just wish those came with CI/Italic or stubby B/BB/3B nibs as a factory option, will most likely plonk in a vintage nib as a replacement though.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I wholeheartedly agree!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Oh wow. Other Pelikans have had me thinking about a purchase. Stone garden tempted me, but to be honest 800s are just a bit too big for me. This one's going to be really, really hard to resist. And I was *just* about to push the button on a turquoise stripe m600.

I rather like the orange/black contrast. Very nice. It has the same zingy feel as the Delta Dolce Vita orange, though slightly more golden and less fiery.

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

I would like to see a pic with the pen close. I keep thinking that the black end will look weird on its own (with no counterpart at the top)

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Well, it goes to show that "taste" is an individual thing. I love the orange with the black trim but am not mad about the colour of the gold trim. ;)

This one is gorgeous. I successfully fought down my desire for a similar Aurora finish. This one is within a more realistic price range...and REALLY tempting.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

This one is gorgeous. I successfully fought down my desire for a similar Aurora finish. This one is within a more realistic price range...and REALLY tempting.

My thoughts exactly!

• 3 weeks later...

Like the swirly acrylic. Don't like that it's orange.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Fritz - please tell the Pelikan people that a lot of people who are willing to pay the price for this kind of pen really want a more interesting nib grind and assortment. Why buy an expensive pen if it is only available in rather boring Kugel EF, F, M, B?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

+1 for Calabria's comment. One of the big reasons I pulled the trigger on the relatively recent 400 tortoiseshell was that I could get it with a broad italic nib. If Pelikan had offered BB or stub/italic with the Vibrant orange, I would already have ordered mine!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

+1

Were I to buy any nice modern Pelikan today, I'd automatically have the nib reground to a stub or cursive italic.

I was unsuccessful in the Aurora case and have one of those.