M600 Vibrant Orange!

bbs

Very pretty! Love the color!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• torstar

• jmccarty3

• Nyanzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

reminds me of my Delta Dolce Vita Oro Supersized FP, dubbed "the bowling ball" at work

That's it... I was unable to recall the brand/model. :thumbup:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Now that's what I'm talking about, ... or perhaps I should say this pen is what I have been whining about for some time. Pelikan limits the possibility for variety to just the pen color or finish so it makes sense to me to occasionally add something with a little, flash, or VARIETY (you are probably sick of hearing this from me).

This pen ticks all the boxes for me: It is in the M600 size, my personal Goldilocks zone, it is a dramatic departure from another stripey pen with a slight different color, and yet retains all the features of a Pelikan which make these pens so superior to most other brands.

I wonder if the 'vibrant' coloration might become another opportunity for those of us who are 'set collectors"? Imagine 'vibrant purple, vibrant black, or a range of vibrant bi-color pens. The purple and white could be the Prince memorial, the vibrant red, white a nd blue for those with the a patriotic bent, maybe chocolate and cream for the coffee lovers, I'd like green and gold, what about you?

So, if this pen is a looker for me, why is it that I am not one of those who has already reserved one? In fact why is it that I am not at all confident that I will even have one of these? Truth is, my interests over the last few years have turned to vintage pens. I hope my next Pelikan is a vintage 101n with a gray binde. I have recently seen a few that are good candidates, but I am holding out for one with that definite gray/black/and whitish coloration.

In fact, even if this were the pen that puts me over the moon, I would still have to hold off. I just plunked down a major share (like 110%) of my 2018 pen budget for a 1928, Lapis Blue Parker Duofold major. This is not a perfect pen, it has a plating flaw but the color appears to be very nice, which if you know anything about these old pens is a rarity. It is in the mail to me so I am not sure how nice it is but if it is anything like the pics I have seen., I think I will be happy to have it in the box. It fills a conspicuous hole in a small collection I am building.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread to another model and even another maker (or the horror!) This orange/yellow pen is a real looker, I may yet have to have one. Frankly I would like it less if it had a black cap and turning knob.

Now if this were the M600 Tortoise of my dreams, ... get out of my way!

That's it... I was unable to recall the brand/model. :thumbup:

the Delta Oro is ALL ORANGE, ALL THE TIME

the Pelikan and other orange Deltas have the black trimming..

You forgot OBBB.

The 3B and O3B are very juicy and borderline 'marker' category, IMO. :drool: A great way to get rid of ink or thoroughly enjoy it.

Indeed I did. If anyone has one to spare, please send it along, I'll even pay shipping.

Sadly, Pelikan didn't make BBB or O3B nibs for the M200, M400, and M600 basis pens (though they may have made them for the models they were manufacturing before 1980, I haven't seen any online).

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

I really like that colour, but I already have several Pelikans of that size. So I'm not sure whether to buy this one or maybe get a bigger M805 instead. :wacko:

I might buy the ballpoint pen.

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=

Sadly, Pelikan didn't make BBB or O3B nibs for the M200, M400, and M600 basis pens (though they may have made them for the models they were manufacturing before 1980, I haven't seen any online).

Broad nibs for big boys, M800 &1000. :D

Only MB offers the 3B and O3B nibs?

The BB and OBB though, are offered by a few other brands.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

the Delta Oro is ALL ORANGE, ALL THE TIME

the Pelikan and other orange Deltas have the black trimming..

Single tone vs two tone, depending upon how 'orangie' you feel. :lol: I'd go with the Oro for the color rarity/uniqueness.

Engineer :

Single tone vs two tone, depending upon how 'orangie' you feel. :lol: I'd go with the Oro for the color rarity/uniqueness.

Got this monster Oro right in front of me at work today, the bowling ball comment arose after 2 minutes.

Bought it on steep discount when the piston model was quickly forthcoming.

Edited by torstar

Got this monster Oro right in front of me at work today, the bowling ball comment arose after 2 minutes.

Bought it on steep discount when the piston model was quickly forthcoming.

Enjoy !! It could seem borderline 'gaudy' but still... :drool:

Engineer :

Enjoy !! It could seem borderline 'gaudy' but still... :drool:

I wouldn't have spent a few hundred more to get a more "nuanced" orange, this fits me fine. At 7" from posted cap to nib, few are like it.

I wouldn't have spent a few hundred more to get a more "nuanced" orange, this fits me fine. At 7" from posted cap to nib, few are like it.

+1 :thumbup:

Engineer :

The Stone Garden didn’t wow me, but this Vibrant Orange surely does. My preorder has already been placed!

That was me as well! Stone Garden just did not do anything for me but I love this Color. I immediately (sorry wallet)placed a pre-order with Nibsmith to get one with a broad nib turned into a wet Stub.

• 5 weeks later...

Just received an email saying mine has shipped! I can hardly wait...

Looks like I'll get two new birds in a very short span of time. :happy:

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Just received an email saying mine has shipped! I can hardly wait...

Looks like I'll get two new birds in a very short span of time. :happy:

:thumbup:

Engineer :

As I contemplate buying the Pelikan, my orange Delta Dolcevita looks plaintively at me, sighing at the fact that I always swoon for the newest pen that comes around the corner...

Why can't a I stay with the pens I have and always want more?

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

As I contemplate buying the Pelikan, my orange Delta Dolcevita looks plaintively at me, sighing at the fact that I always swoon for the newest pen that comes around the corner...

Erick

Well at least the Delta won't be orange with envy or is it green... ;)

Engineer :

They are addictive. :D

"On the internet nobody knows you're a cat." =^.^=