• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• pen lady

• Pennenut

• theunwittingphilosopher

I am going. I also think members of Pens & Pints and Toronto Calligraphy meet are going but I am new to both groups so I cannot speak for any of them.

Hi all,

Anyone going to the Scriptus 2018 event in Toronto? It's happening October 28 2018 (at time of writing this) at the Toronto Reference Library. Full details on their site:http://http://scriptustoronto.com/scriptus-2018/

Just FYI, the Scriptus site has changed - it's now www.scriptusinc.com

I'm debating whether to go or not - don't get me wrong, the show is great, but it's a long trek for those of us outside the GTA (and I'm wayyyyyy outside the GTA in Montreal... ;) )

Just FYI, the Scriptus site has changed - it's now www.scriptusinc.com

I'm debating whether to go or not - don't get me wrong, the show is great, but it's a long trek for those of us outside the GTA (and I'm wayyyyyy outside the GTA in Montreal... ;) )

Thank you for the correction, JLS1!

I am going. I also think members of Pens & Pints and Toronto Calligraphy meet are going but I am new to both groups so I cannot speak for any of them.

Pens & Pints Organizer is BauerInks.ca... and YES... I will be there. I have a table with the latest from KWZi, Blackstone and Robert Oster !!!

Hoping to be near the entrance... look for me and say HI !! :D :D

Gerald (the other half of Pens & Pints) will be there too with a table to sell pens and inks from his collection. Some other regulars from Pens & Pints will be there at Gerald's table selling their stuff too.

C.,

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Supposedly I live in Toronto, and only a few blocks from the Reference Library, but I'm hardly ever in the city (because of work). So, once again this year, I'm clearing my calendar and doing everything I can to make it. It would be my first pen show.

I've gone to Scriptus for the past few years, driving in from out of town. I go hoping I might find an unusual vintage flex pen, and with a general desire to gawp at everything. However, the good thing about Scriptus is also the bad thing about it. It is packed! It is so crowded that the air becomes oppressive and the vendor displays are hard to get close to. After an hour or so I leave - gawped out and gasping but knowing that I have missed all sorts of interesting things. No big deal, but the vendors have lost a sale or two.

I wonder if specialty pen vendors (vintage in particular) could post more specific listings of what they are bringing (e.g. I have lots of brand A, some of brand B, and X number of good flexers). Then I could go first to those displays that might match my interests.

PS to the organizers: Thank you for the event, and if there is any way the library could turn up the ventilation system in the display area, that would help the crowd-averse types like me.

Cunim, try getting there around 2pm-4pm. The crowds come early to grab those elusive "vintage flex" and "the one and only" pen.. plus the exclusive inks (in previous years it has been sold out in 45 minutes)

I noticed a decrease of the crowds after 2pm. Of course, if you REALLY want that unusual vintage flex, then you'll have to suffer the crowds. :(

I've gone to Scriptus for the past few years, driving in from out of town. I go hoping I might find an unusual vintage flex pen, and with a general desire to gawp at everything. However, the good thing about Scriptus is also the bad thing about it. It is packed! It is so crowded that the air becomes oppressive and the vendor displays are hard to get close to. After an hour or so I leave - gawped out and gasping but knowing that I have missed all sorts of interesting things. No big deal, but the vendors have lost a sale or two.

I wonder if specialty pen vendors (vintage in particular) could post more specific listings of what they are bringing (e.g. I have lots of brand A, some of brand B, and X number of good flexers). Then I could go first to those displays that might match my interests.

PS to the organizers: Thank you for the event, and if there is any way the library could turn up the ventilation system in the display area, that would help the crowd-averse types like me.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I look forward to this event every year. Have not missed one yet. I live in Ottawa, so I make a long weekend of it. Take the train, stay in a hotel downtown, enjoy the sites and ogle the wares at Scriptus. Can't wait!

I look forward to this event every year. Have not missed one yet. I live in Ottawa, so I make a long weekend of it. Take the train, stay in a hotel downtown, enjoy the sites and ogle the wares at Scriptus. Can't wait!

AWESOME!!!!

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I plan to go on my yearly pilgrimage to Scriptus! I'm curious is there no Scriptus 2018 ink in the works? As of yet no announcements have been made!!! Alas, no Scriptus ink?☹️☹️☹️

I plan to go on my yearly pilgrimage to Scriptus! I'm curious is there no Scriptus 2018 ink in the works? As of yet no announcements have been made!!! Alas, no Scriptus ink?☹️☹️☹️

An announcement is coming.... sorry, things got hectic this year.. Is the 5th anniversary... So expect a very NICE surprise. :D :D :D :D :D

(hopefully... :unsure: .. I have given up in trying to make everyone happy... :P )

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I don`t manage their website.. so no idea when will be there. BUT.. it came out on their instagram... which I resposted on my instagram.

I also posted on my site at BauerInks.ca

C.

Where is the announcement of the 5th anniversary Scriptus 2018 ink??? I'm sure we are all waiting with bated breath...

**** BauerInks.ca ****

from my site..

SCRIPTUS - The Toronto Pen Show is COMING !!!! (Sunday October 28th) This year Scriptus is celebrating its 5th Anniversary!! As part of the celebration, we are doing something special! We are bringing back MAPLE RED AND NORTHERN TWILIGHT !!! These amazing inks sold out in less than an hour each on their respective year. If you were not able to get your hands on these amazing ink, this is your SECOND chance! Maple Red and Northern Twilight are brought to you by the incredible creative team of KWZi and Bauerinks.ca. ALSO, we will be allocating an undisclosed number of bottles (of each colour) for the ONLINE Community! If you can't make it to the show, you still have the chance to secure one of these coveted colours !! These bottles will be released at the end of the show, and will only be sold through BauerInks.ca. If you are in TORONTO - head to the show to get your inks. If you are NOT in Toronto, send me a Contact/Order form specifying your shipping address on October 29th. Priority will be given to addresses not in Toronto during the first 24hrs.
fpn_1539630272__scriptus-inks2018.jpg

**** BauerInks.ca ****

Hi everyone, I'm so happy to see the enthusiasm for the show. Bryan and I will be exhibiting again this year, we have 3 tables between us! He's bringing some really exceptional pen storage boxes, some antiques, some modern, some re-purposed cigar boxes at a range of prices. I'll have my usual assortment of pens from reasonably priced users and starter pens to some wonderful much older finds. Yes, some flexies but, of course never enough to go round! I suggest be in line early for those.

Moderators, I hope I'm allowed this post as it's really just information about Scriptus. Yes? :thumbup:

Philip has just e-mailed the floor plan for Scriptus, and if you're looking for Bryan and I, we'll be hard to miss, we're at tables 4, 5 and 6 almost by the entrance. See you soon everyone.

I had a really great time. First time at a pen show. I am glad it was local. I wish I could stay until the end but I had to work. I bought a lot of ink. I am up 13+ bottles and no gold nib purchases. I got to see visconti, mont blanc, aurora 88, platinum 3776 and esterbrook other pens. Choices.

Edited by Nylarev