Thoughts On This Nick Stewart Inks

penzel_washinkton

So , just stumbled on an article below:

https://nickstewart.ink/2018/09/22/a-new-future-for-fountain-pen-inks/

and this:

https://nickstewart.ink/2018/09/04/multi-purpose-fountain-pen-inks/

If I understand the article correctly, it means you just need the set of 4 inks from them and you can create multiple colors from the color wheel in the article.

Seems like a concept that mixable inks have taken since quite a while though? Although this seems to only require the 4 basic colors

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penzel_washinkton

• Arkanabar

• migo984

• mke

Top Posters In This Topic

You only need three colors to mix all colors, for details see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_mixing

As a nice black cannot be obtained by color mixing, black is usually the fourth color. This is why your ink-jet printer has Yellow, Magenta, Cyan and Black as inks.

Wikipedia also says "Historically, painters have used yellow, red and blue in place of these, resulting in reduced gamut."

So, if inks mix well - and that is the point - these four inks are enough.

CMYK FP-ink mixing sets (eg Octopus RIMIK) have been available for some time. Nick Stewart’s are just a variation on a theme, with the suggestion that these are better suited to artwork.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Had not seen these. Thanks for the heads up (although my wallet might not thank you... :rolleyes:). I have a bottle of his Randall Blue-Black, which is pretty nice. Wondering if these are also made for him by Diamine the way that one was.

Unless Nick posts something here, though, I think the odds of my getting a set before this year's Inktober challenge are pretty slim.... :( And I can't even probably make noises at the husband about getting them for my birthday because of picking up a Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue last weekend at the Commonwealth Pen Show. But maybe Christmas.... :D

I'm artistic, but not NEARLY as much as he is.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Understood, just wondering what these have to offer that's different.

The 4 basic colors looks good as far as I can see

Had not seen these. Thanks for the heads up (although my wallet might not thank you... :rolleyes:). I have a bottle of his Randall Blue-Black, which is pretty nice. Wondering if these are also made for him by Diamine the way that one was.

Unless Nick posts something here, though, I think the odds of my getting a set before this year's Inktober challenge are pretty slim.... :( And I can't even probably make noises at the husband about getting them for my birthday because of picking up a Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue last weekend at the Commonwealth Pen Show. But maybe Christmas.... :D

I'm artistic, but not NEARLY as much as he is.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

That is new, so Diamine produced the inks from the previous set.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

Understood, just wondering what these have to offer that's different.

The 4 basic colors looks good as far as I can see

That is new, so Diamine produced the inks from the previous set.

These are not pure CMYK colours. These are standalone fountain pen inks that when mixed together produce clean and vivid secondary and tertiary colours. I designed these myself.

My intention is to use these as a bridge into the arts and crafts communities, to promote fountain pen ink as a creative medium. I have posted a brief overview under inky thoughts. If anyone would like to review these as individual fountain pen inks drop me your details. Nick

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****