The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For A Flex Pen

flex pen fountain pen flexible nib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler541344

Tyler541344

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 20:34

Hi, I've recently got into fountain pens and just bought a cheep one to see if I could write with them. I am just wondering as I like to do copperplate what would be the best pen to get? I am looking for a fountain pen rather than a dip and my price range is under £200 ($260 ish). Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Content

#2 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2018 - 21:10

Welcome.

My tuppence, I'd try the shallow end of the pool first . . .

Grab a hold of a Noodler's Nib Creeper or Ahab and have a play with them. If you like that, have a sniff at a Namiki Falcon SEF. I don't know your financial situation but I think only when you've "outgrown" those would I consider spending over £200 on a flex pen :)

#3 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:59

If you have that much to spare and have tried the cheap ones (and love the feel of flex), I suggest go for the Pilot Falcon straight away.

Not trying to sound like a jerk here, but next time you could post this topic on the Fountain & Dip Pens - First Stop.

Better chances you will get more recommendations there

#4 Nail-Bender

Nail-Bender

"Allo, daffy English kniggets"

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:49

IMG_0881.JPG

If you really want to spend some money on a hot shot pen, get a FPR Himalayan & ultra-flex nib combo.

Then there is the Desiderata...(Baby steps 1st  :D )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flex pen, fountain pen, flexible nib

Sponsored Content

|