If You Could Carry Only One Fountain Pen In Noah's Ark With You, Which One Would It Be And Why ?

vrr

I have several I would be happy to have with me, but the one I would pick up for that special occasion is my Pelikan M605, with a medium italicized nib by Pendleton Brown. It is the first pen I pick up every time. Whether my Nakaya, Pilot 823, OMAS, or one of several superb vintage Pelikans, each is a back up to my M605. It could not write, or fit my hand better.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vrr

• Astronymus

• BaronWulfraed

• SoulSamurai

Yes that's true .... So 2 it is .... Which 2 will u like to carry onboard (ofcourse assuming ample supply of ink and paper will be managed somehow))

There were exceptions on the ark. He took seven each of the clean animals and 7 each of the birds.

So I guess you're allowed 7 Pelikans, 7 Swans, 7 Blackbirds, etc.

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen. (It's smaller than an sj)

It’s interesting how flood mythology is central to so many cultures. Anyway if there was going to be a major flood I’d take an esterbrook J along with a handful of replacement nibs and sacs. those can take a lot of abuse and are easy to repair. One pen I would not take is a casein pen!

It’s interesting how flood mythology is central to so many cultures.

Probably caused by the great meltings at the end of the last ice age. Large areas were flooded. Doggerland, the whole Black Sea and many other coasts and river deltas. Sometimes in short time as natural barriers and dams suddenly broke. It's easy to see how those traumatic events turned into legends. Plus the "proof" in form of fossils of maritime life an mountains.

Edited by Astron

Firstly....Welcome........Ok..the world is coming to an end and Vikas..which fountain would you choose and why......Q

You wrote:......."my intent is to create a "True Luxury Pen" which can be handed down from generations to generations

and is extremely high on quality." My personal opinion re "True Luxury Pen" is that you know very little about the subject.

Nevertheless..I look forward to your response re Noah / Ark / Pen and which you would choose.........

Still your friend and mine..

Fred

........Procedural due process............and listening to

Carlos Abadie Quintet live......................

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Though both topics mentioned herein are 2 different posts.

And evidently they are extremely contradictory. Not a single person here has mentioned about any Luxury pen that they will carry. What that means that all of us are extremely clear about usability over looks.

The pens mentioned herein are collector items in themselves and some of them even not easily available any more :) .....

This is a treasure-trove of views.

Regards,

Vikas

Wait. The world is ENDING? So, okay... probably not going to grab a pen.

Anyway, I keep Kurouac (Nakaya Piccolo Cigar, kuro-tamenuri) in a pen sleeve safety-pinned to my shirt (cos no pockets), so grabbing a pen would be unnecessary.--

But wait again. How long until the world ends? Is this like the Lars von Trier movie, Melancholia, world ending?

haha ... yes right .... u never know when the world may end .. but you have an interesting choice of pen ....

There were exceptions on the ark. He took seven each of the clean animals and 7 each of the birds.

but ... the 7 were the clean animals --

"clean" meaning the ones which can be sacrificed ...

and a fountain pen lover clearly knows ... any fountain pen cannot be sacrificed :) .....

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Though both topics mentioned herein are 2 different posts.

And evidently they are extremely contradictory. Not a single person here has mentioned about any Luxury pen that they will carry. What that means that all of us are extremely clear about usability over looks.

The pens mentioned herein are collector items in themselves and some of them even not easily available any more :) .....

This is a treasure-trove of views.

Regards,

Vikas

Vikas:

My pleasure. Your welcome.

Still your friend and his.

Redactin'...........I look forward to your response re Noah / Ark / Pen and which you would choose........?

Fred

Remember....positive mind, positive vibes, positive life.....

Or.....It takes all kinds of meat to make a good sauce....~Vincent Smith

And.....Pants are optional.....

Edited by Freddy

:lticaptd:

I like the way you think!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That's a no-brainer for me - my Lamy 2000 my SO got me as a Christmas present seven years ago for our first Christmas together. (We now have two kids together :) ).

One pen?

Nah. I'm not getting on.....

Going to make a raft by tying all the pens together and ride out the storm?

Good thing I know a guy with a longship and crew. We'll at least have some fun going viking before the ink and mead runs dry. B)

Milk a kraken for ink...

Is that for making your own pen or making your own raft? ;)

errr, write commendments etc on the the side of the boat / spArc - port side only

"The Lord Jehovah has given unto you these fifteen... Oy... ten! TEN Commandments! For all to obey!"