The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Meisterstuck 146 Repair

repair leak nib

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Martinoconnell

Martinoconnell

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:34

Hi everyone. I have a 146 bought at auction some time ago. Unfortunately I never really used it as it is leaking from around the nib. I was hoping someone could provide me with contact details for John Sorowka or another alternative for repair. I want to see other options than sending it to montblanc (170). Or maybe the montblanc price is good. Im just not sure. Many thanks in advance. Oh Im based in Ireland.
M

Edited by Martinoconnell, 17 September 2018 - 08:35.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:22

If you are based in or near Dublin, The Pen Corner may be able to fix it for you on site. Alternatively you can send it in to Montblanc through them to have it serviced. They should be able to give you some idea of price, which might be around the same as sending it to Sorowka when you factor in shipping and insurance.

#3 Martinoconnell

Martinoconnell

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:30

Hi
Yeah I took it to pen corner that’s where the €170 quote came from. They can’t repair or maybe aren’t bothered as I didn’t buy it there ( can’t blame them for that). I did find them a bit dismissive though.

#4 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:59

You can take it to a MB Boutique or an Authorised Dealer, but if none are near you then you can send it directly to Hamburg and unless there is a problem with the nib itself then they should be able to sort out the problem within their service. They'll also check the whole pen and piston and replace if necessary. The service should be 88 Euros (more if clip, emblem cone, nib need replacing), but they will give you a quote before doing any work.

They currently have two pens of mine, I sent them directly a week last Friday and they emailed me with a price last Thursday, 6 days including time to ship to Hamburg! The only thing that you need to be aware of is that when they return your pen you have to pay the UPS Driver in cash for the repairs.

#5 Martinoconnell

Martinoconnell

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:44

Hi chunya. Do you have an email contact or address for them directly. This may be my best option. Many thanks.

#6 chunya

chunya

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:07

Hi,

The address I post to is:

Montblanc Service-Centre
Hellgrundweg 100
22525 Hamburg
Germany

The most recent return email address I have is cs-quotation@montblanc.de  But that is when they emailed me with the repair costs. If you want you can first contact them via their website, but they won't give you any useful info re cost without seeing the pen. Nowadays I just send them any pens via International Tracked & Signed (this isn't the best for everyone, but for me it's not that much more expensive than driving to the nearest city where there is an Authorised Dealer, and it saves a lot of time).

BTW  Before posting anything to them, I always check on the MB Website that the address details for sending pens hasn't changed.

Edited by chunya, 17 September 2018 - 15:27.

#7 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2018 - 00:24

Hi
Yeah I took it to pen corner that’s where the €170 quote came from. They can’t repair or maybe aren’t bothered as I didn’t buy it there ( can’t blame them for that). I did find them a bit dismissive though.

Did they mention why it might be €170? They might be giving you worst case scenario so they don't lose money on shipping if you decide the cost of repair is high, or maybe they saw a larger issue. It might also be a quote for multiple replacement parts if this is an older model. Its worth noting that MB head office can change a pen quite significantly if it's an old model put in for service.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair, leak, nib

Sponsored Content

|