Visconti Watermark

Skopa

Hi everyone,

Im a big fan of the montblanc 149(sorry for speaking about a non italian pen here) and of skeleton pens. Unfortunately I consider the 149 skeletons too expensive.

Looking at other skeleton pens I saw the watermark. Its design really attracks me as much as the 149 skeleton 333... at least on pictures.

I saw that its weight is 68g capped. Could anyone tell me the weight uncapped?

Moreover Im a fan of stiff fine (or EF) nibs.

Could anyone tell me more about the performances of the visconti nibs?

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skopa

• Ghost Plane

• FrankvK

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you very mich for the info. This is more or less the weight of my 149 capped (35g) so I can imagine what it weights.

This little bouncy nib worries me a bit...

On pictures the size of the nib looks like a #6 not a #9. Could you please confirm the nib size?

Theyre very wet and bouncy. I own a couple of Skeletons myself and the Watermark style platform (they had precursors) feels very comparable in the hand. Similar lengths, ink capacities and performance. My BB nib on my 90th Anniversary is very similar to the stubs on my Visconti. Yet the Visconti are thousands less.

I go for the big nibs, so I cant speak for the EF nibs. Anecdotally Ive heard they run wide and wet, but Im not sure what theyre being compared to.

Attached find poor iPad photos of my Visconti next to my Skeletons. Hope this helps. You might also email Bryant at Chatterley Luxuries and ask if he has a writing sample of an EF nib.

post-6430-0-82136100-1537015529_thumb.jpeg

post-6430-0-46424800-1537015546_thumb.jpeg

post-6430-0-36305300-1537015558_thumb.jpeg

Thank you very much ghost plane, your pictures help me a lot. The design of the pen is fantastic but when you put the name nibs side side by side with the 149... you see the difference!!

I’ll definetly need to try the fine nib before buying it since I don’t like pens that run too wide

A last question about the nib size. Excuse my ignorance but is this the biggest visconti nib or do they propose other pens with number 9 nibs ?

The biggest Visconti nib is a #6 size. The watermark and skeletons use the #6 size.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I have the Watermark with a medium nib. It's very wet--I would consider it to be the equivalent of a Montblanc broad at least, even with Visconti Blue ink, which is said to tame wet nibs. I would recommend looking for an EF if you like this pen.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Thanks for the info jmccarty3, you’re confirming the several videos that I’ve been watching these last days. When zaddick said that #6 is the biggest visconti nib I’ve watched several videos of pens with the dreamtouch palladium nibs, and all of them appear to be way to wide for my tastes.

I give up Visconti.

Thank you everyone for your educated inputs

The skeletons from Visconti and Montblanc are very different. The montblanc skeleton body is very thick; the Visconti skeletons are more like overlay, super thin piece of metal body. Those two pens are very different, besides the nib size...