FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 14 September 2018 - 20:02
My name is Vera. I am new to FPN and was hoping to meet people with similar interests.
When I was younger, I tried dipped pens and fountain pens (disposable) for writing, art and Japanese hiragana, kanji etc.
I stumbled upon fountain pens when my nibs, pens ands supplies were destroyed in a house flood. I was looking for something new to buy.
I guess I am starting over with a new perspective in fountain pens, inks and even paper. Really excited to learn about the hobby, collect new pens and materials for creating and writing.
I am also interested in travel and DIY anything. The care and formulas in the ink are most intriguing.
In regards to FPN, I am into shaded inks, permanent colour inks, large high quality paper, colour ranges... Suggestions about pens for art purposes.
A little about me: I am a 34 female, work full-time in the downtown Toronto.
Posted 14 September 2018 - 21:40
Welcome home Vera, Keep writing, enjoy writing. Fountain pens gives you the 'touch and feel'
Posted 14 September 2018 - 22:57
Welcome to this friendly little corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego.
Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:52
Hello and welcome to FPN.
Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:32
Welcome! If you can, come to fountain pen meets - that way you get to know people in the flesh too.
Currently in Rotation:
Stipula Ventidue Tocco Ferro "F" nib running Omas Sepia
Pelikan M 600 "F" nib running J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor
Platinum Izumo "M" nib running Diamine Poppy Red
PENBBB 323-31SF "F" nib running Noodler's Gruene Cactus
Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:20
Hello Vera and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.
To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!
- Winston Churchill
Posted 17 September 2018 - 17:12
I took your advice and went to Toronto Pens &Pints fountain pen meet. It was very informative Claudia let me try all her pens with nib customization and different sizes.
Look forward to my mail and Scriptus October 2018. Toronto.