The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lady Huntco

czechoslovakia piston filler cork

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeleS

NeleS

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:16

Hi all, 

s-l1600.jpg

I bought a fountain pen and am searching for more information about it now. This is the information I got from the seller: 

"lady fountain pen, Czechoslovakia around 1935, excellent huntco made in usa alloy tipped fine, length 11.8cm, diameter in center 1.1cm, diameter on top 1.2cm, functional pump"

DSC01534 - klein.JPG

DSC01535 - klein.JPG

Does anyone knows this brand, this pen?

There is "LADY" engraved in the cap, nothing on the clip. 

on the nib is: "HUNTCO" "MADE IN USA" "ALLOY TIPPED FINE"

here is what I found about the manufacturer of the nib: 

https://patents.goog...loy tipped fine

DSC01537 - klein.JPG

I am also a bit worried about the piston. The pen was empty when I got it. When cleaning it I noticed that it didn't take a lot of water, it didn't held the water either. So no vacuum... After flushing it a few times it did hold more water and kept the water in the pen. Some dirt that came out was ink, (it dissolved eventually), but one tiny bit was floating, so I guess that was cork  :rolleyes: . After a while filled whith water the pen seemed to hold all the water. So I filled it with ink, and it writes well! 

Does anyone knows when it is necessary to replace the cork? What if more pieces of cork let go?

bye, Nele

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: czechoslovakia, piston filler, cork

Sponsored Content

|