Great answers all!
I am going to interpret this a bit differently. I am going to list the top 5 pens that I reach for when I am working, and the top 5 pens that I travel with.
Top 5 for work. These are solid performers without any problems:
1. TWSBI Eco with stub nib (yes, I know this surprised me as well but they are great pens just not durable enough for travel)
2. Lamy 2000 with medium nib
3. Lamy Studio with 14K Medium nib
4. Lamy Safari/Al-Star with broad or stub nib
5. Pilot Vanishing Point with stub nib
Top 5 for travel. These stand up to international travel well with solid performance. And if I lose one or give one away, it isn't a huge loss.
1. Jinhao 450
2. Picasso Montmartre
3. Conklin Duragraph with Stub nib
4. Monteverde Prima with stub nib
5. Faber Castell Loom
And sometimes when I travel, I just take a few Platinum Preppys or Pilot Petits with me, particularly if I know I will be giving pens away.
Yes, I have my Pelikans and Mont Blancs and many others, but these seem to be those that I use most often.