The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

3 Pen Case Help For Pen 6.5” Long

case pen case large pens large pen case three pen case three pen case for large pens pen case for 6” pens 6” pens 6” pen cases pen cases

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Johnboy976

Johnboy976

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 22:50

I am looking for a pen (pocket) case that holds three pens, and in particular can hold a pen that is 6.5 in length capped. Do you have any recommendations?

Sponsored Content

#2 Black-Ink

Black-Ink

In Pen Peace

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 23:32

I know you said 6.5, but if 6.3 will work, here ya go;

https://www.franklin...-pen-cases.html

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 23:42

I am looking for a pen (pocket) case that holds three pens, and in particular can hold a pen that is 6.5 in length capped. Do you have any recommendations?

Piquadro adjustable three pen case works well..additionally you can have a case custom made to your specifications.

Link to an old scan with Piquadro case............................

http://www.fountainp...pens/?p=3002287

Fred

Edited by Freddy, 09 September 2018 - 23:43.

#4 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• 6,355 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:28

I know you said 6.5, but if 6.3 will work, here ya go;

https://www.franklin...-pen-cases.html

Oddly,these cases are only 5.5" long.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#5 Black-Ink

Black-Ink

In Pen Peace

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:40

Oddly,these cases are only 5.5" long.

Can’t/won’t argue the point, only going by what the web page states:

‘The 2 and 3 pen cases have interior loops that can handle pens as thick as .7" and also as tall as 6.3"’

#6 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• 6,355 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:22

Same page:

♦ Exterior case dimensions: 
PC1= 5.5" tall  x  7/8" deep  x  3/4" wide
PC2= 5.5" tall  x  7/8" deep  x  1 5/8" wide
PC3= 5.5" tall  x  7/8" deep  x  2 7/16" wide

I suppose a 5.5" case can handle a 6.3" length pen provided the pen is snapped in half. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd, 10 September 2018 - 09:24.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#7 oraxia

oraxia

Inkling

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:57

Can’t/won’t argue the point, only going by what the web page states:

‘The 2 and 3 pen cases have interior loops that can handle pens as thick as .7" and also as tall as 6.3"’

I don't own one of these cases, so I can't be sure, but my impression was that the flap portion that folds over the top of the pens is what gives it some leeway. 6.3" is probably the point at which the flap will no longer securely tuck into the little band that keeps the flap closed.

In any case (pun intended :P), that's just my guess from looking at them, and if I somehow happen to be correct, you probably can't judge the cases purely on the given case measurements because they may be "expandable" to a certain degree.

Nevermind me! I'm just an inkling, a mere pigment of your imagination...

#8 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibulous

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:04

Cigar case?

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#9 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2018 - 14:51

6.5" is a very long pen... I went through my collection and the two longest (and fattest) are an OMAS Paragon and a Levenger True Writer Select (both in shades of grey -- and of the two, the Select has the nicer material with stormy cloud swirls vs the Paragon with "styrene plastic model"). Both of these come in at just 6".

In all my cases, I have just four that might fit, and for two of them that requires slipping the flap to where it is barely in the holding band.

https://www.fahrneys.../Item--i-16502S (I have the 4-slot cousin); possible problem is that the bottom edge tapers, so one loses a bit of depth.

https://www.levenger...eeve-13382.aspx doesn't cover the very top end of a 6" pen; and the 3-slot model is too wide to fit a standard dress shirt pocket (might fit a suit jacket inside pocket).

I do have one 3-slot case that would easily swallow a 6.5" pen -- it's basically a cigar-case design, sliding top. With 1.5" overlap of top and bottom, the total exterior length is near 8", collapsed minimum length is 5". Was sold by Levenger many decades ago.

Edited by BaronWulfraed, 11 September 2018 - 14:52.

#10 Black-Ink

Black-Ink

In Pen Peace

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:10

Cigar case?

Yep.

Head over to Amazon and you have a wide variety of expandable 3 cigar cases in the $25 range.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case, pen case, large pens, large pen case, three pen case, three pen case for large pens, pen case for 6” pens, 6” pens, 6” pen cases, pen cases

Sponsored Content

|