The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jomashop

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fyldepenne

fyldepenne

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 19:03

Is this a legitimate Montblanc reseller? Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 19:05

http://www.fountainp...-from-jomashop/

http://www.fountainp...15685-jomashop/

#3 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 19:21

I bought a pen from them a while back and it wasnt the smoothest of experiences but the pen was authentic. They originally quoted a 2-3 week delivery, I planned on 3-4, and it took 5 (something like that). The pen itself was great. You dont get MB warranty or free nib exchange so make sure you know what you want.

#4 fyldepenne

fyldepenne

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 20:09

Thanks, all. 40-50% off retail for an authentic MB is hard to pass up. They do have very high end watches as well, so they must be legit. Perhaps the customer service reviews are poor and shipping times variable, but the prices can not be matched anywhere. Im not a MB expert, but I ordered a MB 147 traveler platinum fountain pen this week and it arrived in 2 days! The reason for this post is that everything about the pen, box, and warranty booklet look legit, but a couple of questions regarding authenticity:

1. The cap band reads MONTBLANC MEISTERSTUCK, there is no Pix. Is this ok?

2. The serial number starts with MB and the next letter or number looks like a G or a 6 (actually not a G or a 6, but Im not sure what this symbol is?!?). Then this symbol is followed by a letter, 2 numbers, 2 letters, and finally one number (9 total numbers/letters/symbol). There is no other marking such as Germany on the clip band.

3. The underside or inside of the clip reads Made in Germany METAL. It does not say Pix.

4. The nib is marked Au585 and StøD and MONTBLANC. There is no 14k or 18k stamp (not sure which it is?).

I know that MB changes these things periodically but I just want to decide whether I have a fake pen and should return it or not?

Thanks for any advice.

#5 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 21:01

Their items are authentic. As stated above, customer service is spotty and they are not an authorized dealer so no free nib exchange or warranty, but items are authentic.

#6 Reed_thoughts

Reed_thoughts

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 871 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 19:42

I buy from appelboom, reputed seller, genuine items, amazing customer service...

#7 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 1,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 21:24

I buy from appelboom, reputed seller, genuine items, amazing customer service...

+1 yes, this!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

#8 Cordovian

Cordovian

Oh, shiny.

• Member - Gold

• 825 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 17:33

I've bought both pens and watches from Jomashop. All were authentic and no issues whatsoever.

#9 dustb0wl

dustb0wl

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:22

+1 they are fine in my experience.  I bought a pen from them and it was fully authentic. They seem to be your standard grey market reseller.

Sponsored Content

|