Hats Off To Goulet Pens

IndigoBOB

I've basically completed my first year of Fountain Pens...

...And I just want to give a thumbs up to Goulet Pens who have been more than helpful in aiding me down this wonderful Rabbit Hole that has had a very positive impact on my life, my work, and my writing, and doing so in a way that doesn't lead me astray, thus being easier on the wallet ; )

The staff at Goulet are always a pleasure to deal with and make it easier to figure out what I need, and they work with me to try and figure out what are the best products for my self and others.

Whether it's a pen I need on the spot, finding an ink that works well from Noodler's to Iroshizuku's to Pelikan to Namiki's, or maybe a quality set of nibs to enhance or replace in pens, I've found they have what I need and more.

I shop there not just for myself, but for my family members and thanks to the ease their customer service provides in figuring out what works I've been able to introduce Fountain Pens with Inks that are hassle free, enjoyable, and bring out the creativity of myself and those who receive such gifts from me.

To see my young Nieces and Nephew pick up learning and writing in their free time beyond what their school provides (even getting ahead of what the school teaches) as a result of simply using their fountain pens has been remarkable to say the least. The fountain pens make it fun and fascinating as well as making them feel special and important, and rightfully so, in pursuing independent avenues of such exploration.

Goulet pens have helped to turn this hobby into an integral avenue of validating an individual creativity that fountain pens acknowledge more efficaciously than just about anything else I've seen. And though the unprecedented importance of handwriting has almost taken a back seat in an almost relegating labeling of being "Analog", as if it's old fashioned with a sense of being almost archaic, Goulet Pens has taken up the brunt of the challenge of providing products that remind us just how necessary the practice of handwriting is.

The wonderful customer service of Goulet's staff, the hard work they put into creating a reliable, comfortable, and satisfying writing experience, and the drive they have to maintain a growing interest not only in their company, but Fountain Pens in general, has invariably added to the growth of the fountain pen community and even other businesses as well.

And during this time of technological growth that has substantially marginalized handwriting in general, I have found the use of fountain pens to be not just a hobby, but a necessary activity in realizing the uniqueness of handwriting. As our society progresses to more digital mediums, I find fountain pens becoming more essential in a new way.

And I just wanted to say thank you to Goulet Pens for providing not only effective and enjoyable products to simply get work done with, but for adapting to meet the challenge of introducing such a beautiful medium of expression, exploration, and creativity.

*Hats off to the folks at Goulet Pens*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• Honeybadgers

• IndigoBOB

• pararis

Top Posters In This Topic

The addict heaping encomium on his dealer. Gotta love it!

If drug dealers behaved like Goulet, I might do heroin.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I have been buying multiple items of many variants (watches, apparels etc) but I think none have come close the the customer service of the fountain pen community. Handwritten letters, small goodies, proactive approach from the seller and tireless in engaging conversation.

I have not tried buying from GPC but I do follow their YouTube channel and they are very passionate in what they are doing.

Hope for the best to them!

The addict heaping encomium on his dealer. Gotta love it!

Wow, that's quite cynical and narrow minded of you. I don't appreciate your derogatory comment whatsoever in minimizing my praise to a denigrating metaphor of drug use.

You have reviewers like SBRE Brown and the Pen Habit, and others who have been encouraged and motivated by what Goulet does online, adding enthusiasm for the pen community, helping promote fountain pen use, and adding a positive influence to the growth of the market and the experience of the fountain pen journey.

It's very important to me that posterity, especially within my own family, gains enthusiasm for writing, and not just Goulet, but those before said individuals they've inspired have helped to bring this about.

I have met a lot of good people as a result of involving myself in the pen community, but I am thoroughly disappointed to see the contrary exhibited by your brash and inappropriate comment.

You have overstepped boundaries and I must ask that you please refrain. I took the time to write this because it was important to me and I don't appreciate this disrespect.

Edited by IndigoBOB

bob. he was making a joke. Chill out.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Dear Honeybadgers,

If he was making a joke, it was a bad joke. Bob, was well within rights to be offended. And your attitude and insensitivity frankly offends me. You might chill out if you want to, but I will never know. I am blocking you.

All things work out in the end. If it is not working out, it is not the end.

Wow, that's quite cynical and narrow minded of you. I don't appreciate your derogatory comment whatsoever in minimizing my praise to a denigrating metaphor of drug use.

You have reviewers like SBRE Brown and the Pen Habit, and others who have been encouraged and motivated by what Goulet does online, adding enthusiasm for the pen community, helping promote fountain pen use, and adding a positive influence to the growth of the market and the experience of the fountain pen journey.

It's very important to me that posterity, especially within my own family, gains enthusiasm for writing, and not just Goulet, but those before said individuals they've inspired have helped to bring this about.

I have met a lot of good people as a result of involving myself in the pen community, but I am thoroughly disappointed to see the contrary exhibited by your brash and inappropriate comment.

You have overstepped boundaries and I must ask that you please refrain. I took the time to write this because it was important to me and I don't appreciate this disrespect.

Sorry Bob, but I think you are reading more into this comment than was meant.

The collection of fountainpens has been compared to an addiction for years here on the forum.

Nowhere did Tsherbs mention drugs. One can be addicted to many things except drugs.

And one of the vloggers you so reverentially mention uses a reference to this addiction in his name (pen HABIT)

And indeed for many of us it sometimes feels like an addiction.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yeah, but if you sharpen it on a whetstone....

That would only be the start.

If this would be syringesnetwork.com, we'd be discussing grits, polishing pads, mylar sheets, needle diameters, materials, needle tip angle optimization, and all sorts of things related to making a needle go smoothly and painlessly through skin and arterial walls while minimizing the presence of marks.

There would be needle collectors, of course, but trading would be limited to the most hard-core users (who would frequently share their expertise on autoclaves and cleaning solutions).

And then there would be the hackers who would figure out ways to fit a needle from brand x into a syringe from brand y.

Oh, and antique and vintage needles and syringes. We can't forget those!

I wonder if Goulet wants to be associated with this thread anymore...

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

bob. he was making a joke. Chill out.

It was a bad joke, tasteless, and insulting. If you can't respect that, then your joke was clearly just as negative, and I'd appreciate it if you quit badgering me as well.

Edited by IndigoBOB

Sorry Bob, but I think you are reading more into this comment than was meant.

The collection of fountainpens has been compared to an addiction for years here on the forum.

Nowhere did Tsherbs mention drugs. One can be addicted to many things except drugs.

And one of the vloggers you so reverentially mention uses a reference to this addiction in his name (pen HABIT)

And indeed for many of us it sometimes feels like an addiction.

D.ick

No I'm not.

The joke implicitly referenced drugs in an inappropriate fashion reflected in the manner Badger clearly complemented it in an explicit manner of mentioning heroin.

You as a moderator should know that there are persons of all ages viewing this website and that those comments and the following were tasteless and inappropriate and set a poor standard your job as a moderator is suppose to uphold.

The Pen Habit at least had some class. He didn't mention it as an addiction, but a habit. They may be synonyms, but they are two different words for a reason and maybe you can learn something from him since you seem keen on taking the side of the people making the insults and directly offensive remarks while you trivialize me being offended for having my sentiments of praise childishly sullied and demeaned.

I have no problem with you folks voicing your opinions if you don't like something, but the comments were immediately and directly insulting and overall inappropriate.

Edited by IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB. I found your comments on Goulet Pens to be well thought out and very accurate. You may as well block me too...cause TSherbs comment also is accurate and very humorous...made me smile, indeed! His joke was appropriate. . My addiction to paper & ink is a great pleasure to me. Enjoy!

And I'm not that person who started that thread, which initially mentioned that metaphor, nor am I an addict to the fountain pen hobby.

If you guys want to reference Heroin and addiction in a derogatory fashion do it somewhere else please.

I did not initiate such a discussion nor do I wish for it to persist on such a public forum children are viewing, demanding a standard of maturity and appropriateness that sets a better example.

Since the Moderator is grossly incompetent, which I'm sure he/she doesn't mind me saying with the standards he/she clearly upholds...

...I will ask that you please respect my wishes to desist in entertaining this poor, tasteless, and absolutely unnecessary and negative behavior.

Edited by IndigoBOB

I might compare Rachel Goulet to The Godfather because she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Or perhaps Goulet Pen Company is the Pied Piper of Pendom, merrily piping the dollars from my wallet. Regardless, it's a great company with great people.