The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pens, Inks And Samples Pass-Around In Australia

australia pif giveaway pens inks

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 loganrah

loganrah

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:22

Thanks, I did manage to find it. Already testing it out in my MB149. 

I've updated the spreadsheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

At this point the box is extremely full, so I've basically just replaced what I took out with about the same amount in samples and bottles. (It seems to me that the least likely thing in there to be useful to anyone is the cartridges so it might be an idea for someone who would use them to take out the two boxes to free up some space. I don't use cartridges, and I've only got two pens those would fit anyway, so I won't.)

Amanda: I checked out the pen wrap and I really like the construction. It definitely feels sturdy and I can't imagine pens getting damaged in there unless you did something crazy like stand on it. However, the pattern isn't really for me so I'm going to leave it in the box for someone else to appreciate. 

Sponsored Content

#122 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,644 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:35

@loganrah, I'm not sure if you picked up or at least tried any of the Noodler's Prime of the Commons blue-black ink the first time the box came around to you, but its colour is more of a dark teal than a dark blue, so it may yet fit with your quest for petrol-coloured ink. It's not a limited edition, although as I understand it there is only one retailer (in the UK) that carries it. I relinquished my 3oz bottle at the start because I can't stand the woolly outline it makes on most papers including Rhodia, but since then I've come across one or two types of paper on which it doesn't feather. I think someone found good use for two-thirds of that bottle (excellent!) but rebottled the final 30ml of it in a Diamine-style plastic bottle. If you haven't tried it, give it a go, and perhaps compare it with Noodler's AirCorp Blue Black (which is also dark teal, but more vivid and less "petrol" like).

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#123 AmandaW

AmandaW

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:51

Amanda: I checked out the pen wrap and I really like the construction. It definitely feels sturdy and I can't imagine pens getting damaged in there unless you did something crazy like stand on it. However, the pattern isn't really for me so I'm going to leave it in the box for someone else to appreciate. 

That's cool. If you need to save space in the box when it moves on you could just bin it. I was already thinking it was just a thought experiment that's failed.

It's all about the greys...

#124 loganrah

loganrah

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:20

That's cool. If you need to save space in the box when it moves on you could just bin it. I was already thinking it was just a thought experiment that's failed.

I definitely wouldn't say that. I really like the construction and the quality. I'm just quite specific about the patterns I like in things, and they have to match my clothes... If you made them in plain black, or better yet crimson paisley, I'd probably buy one. Also, unfolded the wrap doesn't take up much space and does offer extra cushioning, which I can only imagine is a good thing, even with a whole lot of bubble wrap around the box. 

#125 loganrah

loganrah

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:33

Just pointing out that I still have the box if anyone wants it put up your hand. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: australia, pif, giveaway, pens, inks

Sponsored Content

|