The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pens, Inks And Samples Pass-Around In Australia

australia pif giveaway pens inks

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Paperbear

Paperbear

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:05

Hello Paperbear :-) Yes of course! (You are in Australia?) I'm still waiting for the sample vials I ordered to arrive so I'm a little while away from sending the box, I'll let you know when if that's ok?

Hi chaos-incarnate, yes I’m in Perth -live and work in east Perth . No rush I’m happy to wait
Thanks

Sponsored Content

#62 Chaos-incarnate

Chaos-incarnate

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2019 - 00:53

Oh, I'm in Perth too! I can just meet you somewhere with it once I've done my samples etc if you like? Still be a couple of weeks away at least- aside from waiting for the vials I'm a FIFO.

#63 RedDingo

RedDingo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:20

Hi Chaos-incarnate,  It would be good if you could add an A4 page in the box for people to add their details e.g. FPN name and city.  Being an earlier recipient, it would be cool to see how far and wide the box has been without having to wade through all the posts. :-)

BTW cheers to A Smug Dill for starting the box in the first place.  Great idea and I am sure everyone appreciates the opportunity.

#64 Chaos-incarnate

Chaos-incarnate

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:20

That's a good idea RedDingo, I'll do that.

Paperbear, I can drop off the box this afternoon or possibly tomorrow lunchtime if you're available? I'll PM you. In the meantime, if you see any inks you'd like to sample in my post in Inky Thoughts http://www.fountainp...t/#entry4221868 please let me know and I'll include them. I've made up some samples and will edit the spreadsheet shortly with what I've put in so far.
I can send samples in Australia if anyone else wants to try what I have too.

Edit: Have updated the Google Doc:https://docs.google....uqLk/edit#gid=0

Edited by Chaos-incarnate, 26 June 2019 - 06:26.

#65 Chaos-incarnate

Chaos-incarnate

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:55

Posted :-) It weighed 2.77kg so under the 3kg mark, kept it a bit cheaper.

#66 saulyleeplans

saulyleeplans

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 03:40

Can I put my hand up again for the box?  I've got a few bits and pieces to add to it.

Cheers

Lee

I'm learning as I go.  I am slightly obsessed with Fountain Pens!

www.penspaperink.com

#67 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 05:21

My 80ml bottles of the new Diamine (Cult Pens exclusive) Iridescink Christine and Philip should arrive either today or tomorrow. I'd be happy to add samples of those to the box, and send it to them to whoever puts their hand up to receive the box next (and commit to the cost of sending the box on to the next stop).
Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. We're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but not necessarily any shared values, and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative or position.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

—'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

#68 RedDingo

RedDingo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:52

Where is the box now?  Just curious

#69 Chaos-incarnate

Chaos-incarnate

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 14:59

Paperbear has it still I think.

#70 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:20

A better way may be to pass around a box of surplus and not-my-cup-of-tea-but-may-be-someone-else's items of up to 3kg, using a flat-rate prepaid mailing bag – costing A$13.80 to ship between any two points in Australia –

I wouldn't say the 3kg satchels are enormous, certainly not in physical dimensions or volume. I have a stack of flat-packed, generic mailing boxes that are designed to just fit inside 3kg satchels, and the boxes aren't that large at all at 270x200x95mm. They won't fit inside the new 1kg satchels.

It weighed 2.77kg so under the 3kg mark, kept it a bit cheaper.

Australia Post's Parcel Post structure is about to change, effective 30 September 2019.

It might be time to move the contents into a slightly smaller box (to fit inside a 390×270mm satchel). That will bring down the postage charges while the weight limit goes up to 5kg.
Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. We're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but not necessarily any shared values, and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative or position.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

—'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

#71 Paperbear

Paperbear

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:35

Hello yes I have the box - sorry I have been overseas for a couple of weeks- I can post the box to its next recipient on Monday if saulyleeplans can pm me their address

Can I put my hand up again for the box?  I've got a few bits and pieces to add to it.

Cheers
Lee

Where is the box now?  Just curious

Paperbear has it still I think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: australia, pif, giveaway, pens, inks

Sponsored Content

|