The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Newcastle Pen Show

pen show events exhibition sale

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 twissy

twissy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2018 - 13:17

This Sunday 2nd September 10AM to 4PM

Village Hotel - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Address:
10 The Silverlink N,
West Allotment,
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE27 0BY
Phone: 0191 338 5245

www.newcastlepenshow.co.uk

Sponsored Content

#2 Top Parker

Top Parker

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:21

Looking forward to this show on Sunday.
Do not worry keep going.My website

#3 pants

pants

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:33

ALso planning on coming down for the show this weekend, hoping not to completely bankrupt myself ;-) 

#4 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2018 - 09:19

This Sunday 2nd September 10AM to 4PM
Village Hotel - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Address:
10 The Silverlink N,
West Allotment,
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE27 0BY
Phone: 0191 338 5245

www.newcastlepenshow.co.uk

Hi Twissy I saw your note and thought is this Newcastle where the Geordies come from like me I now live
in Adelaide Australia but will always be a Geordie by intent, I am originally from Boldon Colliery but I am so
proud to be a Geordie.I brag to people here about how the Railway Train was invented thereby creating employment
for the world population in so many different ways. Having lived in Boldon I remember The Flying Scotsman puffing through East Boldon and also the Silver Link I see Jigsaw puzzles of the FS everywhere here and remember how I
used to walk down to East Boldon just to see it go past. Sorry I cant be there with you all give everyone my
regards and don't hesitate to drop me a Line, at 88 I don't get much mail but am well thought of for having
started the First Ladies Football team and Invited Sunderland to Adelaide in 1974 after they won the FA Cup
Regards. Bryan

#5 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:05

'Tis a pity the pen show isn't being held in the Newcastle in New South Wales, Australia!

I'm a fountain pen enthusiast, but not your consultant (as a fellow consumer) to advise on getting better value-for-money from your discretionary spending or protecting your investment in the hobby. I like to share the particularly meritorious or disappointing traits of products I've used, through product reviews and replies to others' posts, but please don't expect (or ask) me to frame things specifically in terms of how it would apply to your choice of pens, inks and paper products, or satisfy your preferences for shading, sheen, wet, broad, cheap, et cetera.

#6 twissy

twissy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:42

Hi Twissy I saw your note and thought is this Newcastle where the Geordies come from like me I now live
in Adelaide Australia but will always be a Geordie by intent, I am originally from Boldon Colliery but I am so
proud to be a Geordie.I brag to people here about how the Railway Train was invented thereby creating employment
for the world population in so many different ways. Having lived in Boldon I remember The Flying Scotsman puffing through East Boldon and also the Silver Link I see Jigsaw puzzles of the FS everywhere here and remember how I
used to walk down to East Boldon just to see it go past. Sorry I cant be there with you all give everyone my
regards and don't hesitate to drop me a Line, at 88 I don't get much mail but am well thought of for having
started the First Ladies Football team and Invited Sunderland to Adelaide in 1974 after they won the FA Cup
Regards. Bryan

Hiya Bryan,

This is as you say Geordie Newcastle :-) I am not one but am still looking at the possibility of moving there. My sidekick in organising this show is a Geordie who currently lives in Whitley Bay.

Cheers!

John

#7 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:48

Hiya Bryan,
This is as you say Geordie Newcastle :-) I am not one but am still looking at the possibility of moving there. My sidekick in organising this show is a Geordie who currently lives in Whitley Bay.
Cheers!
John

Hi John, so nice to see there is still someone alive up there,I some times wonder why I left I love the
North -East so much I am 88 and watch all of the Railway Train series shown here and just love them and what
they did for the world I lived in a place called Boldon Colliery and could go to the Railway Station any day and watch the Flying Scotsman go past on its way to London and think that with the invention of the Train we created World employment Big Time and should be so proud of that we did in fact also create employment in so many
different ways, we watch VERA and George Gently our Favourite Show then of course theres Catherine Cookson who I remember used to work at the Harton Lunatic Asylum , Its only when your OLD you can remember these things,od Bless the Geordies for their intelligence. Regards. Bryan drop me a line anytime

#8 my63

my63

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:33

I am very pleased to have a pen show in the North East again and only 5 minutes from home.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

http://my63leather.wordpress.com/

#9 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2018 - 17:22

I am very pleased to have a pen show in the North East again and only 5 minutes from home.

But is your bank balance please :D

Hope it was a great show (should be).

London UK Fountain Pen Club meats at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station on the first Saturday of every month aside October (for the London Writing Equipment Show) 12:00-15:00 - London, UK Fountain Pen Club

#10 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• 1,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:30

Well attended show, with a good showing of my fellow countrymen, who braved the border crossing with our strange foreign currency
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

#11 Top Parker

Top Parker

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:54

Great show, nice room, well organised, and a terrific atmosphere which was similar to when the Northern pen show used to be held at Lytham. Well done John and Vincent you've provided a great show. Worcester pens are looking forward to the Newcastle pen show next year.

Do not worry keep going.My website

#12 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:26

Well attended show, with a good showing of my fellow countrymen, who braved the border crossing with our strange foreign currency

Pleased to read you had a good turnout Eric. Would have loved to be there but it would have been a long trip. Maybe next year

David

#13 Kyoto28

Kyoto28

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 18:12

I find this forum the day after a yearly penshow is held in my city... What are the chances?!

Well at least I know what to look forward to next year!

#14 eckiethump

eckiethump

Jack's the lad

• Member - Gold

• 1,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 22:08

Pleased to read you had a good turnout Eric. Would have loved to be there but it would have been a long trip. Maybe next year

David

The organisers are planning also, a possible show for Stirling, where you can bring your sassenach sterling . A quite accessable venue for many, I hope it happens, as these shows don't happen by themselves.
UK Pen Shows company, have put in great effort, over the past nearly 10 years to grow the popularity of these events
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

#15 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:01

Glad to hear it was a success - only a few weeks till the London one now ....

I hope you'll be there too, John (Twissy) - would like to talk to you about another commission please.

#16 twissy

twissy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:43

Glad to hear it was a success - only a few weeks till the London one now ....

I hope you'll be there too, John (Twissy) - would like to talk to you about another commission please.

I'll be there :-)

#17 twissy

twissy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2018 - 14:11

We would like thank everyone who came to the Newcastle pen show, both visitors and traders. It was a fantastic atmosphere thanks to you. The numbers surprised us but really pleased us. Hope to see you all next year 1f600.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen show, events, exhibition, sale

Sponsored Content

|