The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

London (Uk) Fountain Pen Club

pen club london meet clubs

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:55

The next meeting of the London (UK) Fountain Pen club is this coming Saturday (the 1st) at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station.  Roughly 12:00-15:00 (downstairs).

Edited by dapprman, 27 August 2018 - 09:58.

London UK Fountain Pen Club meats at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station on the first Saturday of every month aside October (for the London Writing Equipment Show) 12:00-15:00 - London, UK Fountain Pen Club

Sponsored Content

#2 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:24

The next meeting of the London (UK) Fountain Pen club is this coming Saturday (the 1st) at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station.  Roughly 12:00-15:00 (downstairs).

There is some discussion on FPG of changing the meeting to 8th.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#3 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:26

There is some discussion on FPG of changing the meeting to 8th.

Only 3-4 people are on FPG so the only way will really be to go on the reddit channel or discuss it at the club.

London UK Fountain Pen Club meats at the Bierschenke near Liverpool St Station on the first Saturday of every month aside October (for the London Writing Equipment Show) 12:00-15:00 - London, UK Fountain Pen Club

#4 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:23

Only 3-4 people are on FPG so the only way will really be to go on the reddit channel or discuss it at the club.

Quite a few more than that. Mainly the original old hands; they just don't post often, or use Reddit :-)

Edited by migo984, 27 August 2018 - 11:27.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#5 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 21:46

Will miss this month, I'm taking the car down to a steam show instead. See you at the Pen Show!

#6 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2018 - 21:56

Will miss this month, I'm taking the car down to a steam show instead. See you at the Pen Show!

Nooo - you won't be able to pat me on the head in a patronising manner when I show you my esties :P

#7 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 19:29

I live just outside London but Ive never attended one of your meetings. What is the format of your meetings and when will the next one take place?

#8 PurplePlum

PurplePlum

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 20:52

Same here, short commute into London and was wondering the same things.

#9 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2018 - 23:42

Next meeting is November (as the London Writing Equipment Show would be the day after if we met in October).  We meet downstairs at the Bierschenke, near Liverpool St station, it opens around midday and we tend to drift off between 14:00 and 15:00.  Some people have lunch their.

The format is casual chat.  A lot of people bring a sample of their fountain pens with them, but you do not have to, same for ink - though that's become less common in recent months.  We do, however, recommend bringing some fountain pen friendly ink with you as lots of the regulars are happy for others to try their pens.  Also if you're thinking about buying a pen and would like to try one first, you can post on the reddit channel and maybe some one will have one you can try.

It was originally organised through FPG, moved on to Reddit, though meetings tend to be announced on both plus here.

The club reddit channel is https://www.reddit.c...ondonUKPenClub/

Oh and there tends to be groups of both modern and vintage pen fans, so if you're into one, not the other, don't be worried.  Also there's a very large age spread, including in both groups.

#10 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:26

Thanks for reply. I hope to be able to join you at your November meeting.

#11 PurplePlum

PurplePlum

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2018 - 09:23

Sounds good, I will check out the reddit channel.

#12 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,035 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 17:15

Another successful meeting with 16 plus attendees. Lots of new and vintage pens to look at and try. Plus the flaunting of sumgais from the London Pen Show!

Next meeting is on 1st December. Same Bat time, same Bat place!

Edited by peterg, 03 November 2018 - 17:16.

#13 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,035 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 22:53

What goes around comes around! See you there

#14 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,035 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 10:34

London Pen club is on tomorrow, Saturday 5th January

https://bierschenke.co.uk/

#15 ColourFingers

ColourFingers

The last.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 20:08

At £5.30 a pint you won't ever catch me in there. It's a ripoff and I don't like being ripped off plus there's no real ales or ciders.

I suggest as an alternative and frankly better venue this pub which is across the road from the much more accessible Victoria Station and Victoria Coach Station.

https://www.greeneki...vellers-tavern/

Edited by ColourFingers, 05 January 2019 - 20:20.

#16 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,035 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:23

Is this pub quiet and does it have space for 25 people all together on a Saturday morning?

#17 ColourFingers

ColourFingers

The last.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:40

Is this pub quiet and does it have space for 25 people all together on a Saturday morning?

It will if they're contacted in advance to push some tables together like any other venue.

#18 dapprman

dapprman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2019 - 19:13

The slight catch is there's no central point of organisation for the club, though much does centre (or put pressure) on one person (who is not on here AFAIK).  Any change in location would need agreeing upon and would also take months to arrange.

BTW Victoria Station may be easier for you, but it is a dog for those of us from the Watford, St Albans, Hatfield area, where as Liverpool St Station is easy ;)

Also on a Saturday you do not have lots of tourists around, making it quieter and more secure.

#19 eciton

eciton

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2019 - 22:01

I trek all the way in from sunny Reading and I don't have a problem with the current venue. When you're spending £500+ quid a time on pens and £30 on a train ticket in, getting upset about expensive beers seems like a bit of a waste of effort! 

#20 sandy101

sandy101

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:54

Nice to see everyone yesterday. Thank you for being so welcoming. I'll be along in May - not sure if April will be possible. 

Sandy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen club, london, meet, clubs

Sponsored Content

|