What Are Some Beautiful Parker Balllpoints Or Rollerballs?

Hanoi

that parker duofold bp is too big and impractical. I personally don´t like any ballpoint that has a screwed on cap. It defeats the versatility of ballpoint.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn-SC

• PaulS

• Hanoi

• mitto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that parker duofold bp is too big and impractical. I personally don´t like any ballpoint that has a screwed on cap. It defeats the versatility of ballpoint.

You asked for "Beautiful Parker Balllpoints (sic) Or Rollerballs" and then belittle someone's suggestion; and use 4 reasons (size, "practicality", actuation method, and "versatility") that have nothing to do with "beauty".

Nice.

No one here has any idea of what you might think is beautiful or not. You want a beautiful pen? Google Parkers and look at the images.

Beauty is in the eye of the pen-holder.

I'm very fond of the Jotter 50th Anniversary Edition in yellow.

(someone else's pic)

http://9.blog.xuite.net/9/d/2/6/14597598/blog_244203/txt/5985276/1.jpg

I have one in black too, but love the yellow one.

Regards, greg

I'm not really a BP person (to the point that my friend Karl made fun of me on FB this AM for "touching" Jotters (the two "window" ones I just posted about in a thread in the "not a fountain pen" forum), but that one is quite attractive.

Don't suppose that Parker could be persuaded to bring that color out in something like a Duofold.... I don't have a high opinion of most modern Parkers, but that color (with the silver color trim) could very easily change my mind....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

For me, there has never been a better-looking or -working Parker ballpoint than a classic Jotter. The ones I like and use are those with the "sword" clip, the dome button, brass threads, and barrel colors from the late 1950s through the 1960s: couple shades of gray, gray-green, blue-gray, forest green, light blue, and egg-yolk yellow (my wife's favorite).

Edit: My absolute favorite has a gray-green barrel and brassing on the tip ferrule. That tells me this Jotter saw a lot of use before it reached my hands. This may sound silly, but I honor and appreciate its durability.

That said, they all get Schmidt Easy9000 refills in bold blue or black.

On the other hand, I have a first version Jotter in black, and, truth is, I've tried but I just can't like it. The grooved barrel and no ferrule on the end...meh. It took Parker an iteration to get the Jotter right.

The current ones are clever, and someday I might buy one. I certainly appreciate the fact that every Jotter bp ever made can use the same refills you buy today. (Kind of like Nikon's F mount in cameras, which actually spans about the same period of time.)

Anyway, classic Jotters from the late 1950s through the 1970s are available for ~$30 or less. And if the barrel is a little scuffed, get to work with the Simichrome and a clean rag.

I've even had store clerks ask me about them when i pull it out to sign a charge slip. They recognize it's a Jotter, but the non-current colors catch their eye, or the non-arrow pocket clip.

Edited by AreBeeBee

• 3 months later...

Hello all, I am late to arrive at this post so humble apologies.

The photographs are of a ballpoint that I bought some years ago. It looks like and is the same size as a Demi-Duofold. The refill is 93mm in length.There is no imprint to say what it is and I have no reference to it in any of my numerous pen books.

I think it looks rather good but it would be nice to know exactly what it is even though refills are non-existant.

Does anyone have any ideas?

post-146931-0-77505200-1546013271_thumb.jpg

post-146931-0-44586600-1546013292_thumb.jpg

post-146931-0-73013600-1546013314_thumb.jpg

hmmm - are we being a tad subjective again :D - is it the Sterling that qualifies the pen - the incised pattern - the fact that it's a Parker ???

The clip looks heavily brassed to me - or do I need Specsavers again, and if I'm correct then might this detract from its 'beauty'?

It's not unattractive, but …………… 'probably the most beautiful ballpoint ever made'?

How about some of the Caran D'Ache in Sterling?

hmmm - are we being a tad subjective again :D - is it the Sterling that qualifies the pen - the incised pattern - the fact that it's a Parker ???

The clip looks heavily brassed to me - or do I need Specsavers again, and if I'm correct then might this detract from its 'beauty'?

It's not unattractive, but 'probably the most beautiful ballpoint ever made'?

How about some of the Caran D'Ache in Sterling?

Caran D'Ache ballpoints indeed :wub:

Edited by bass1193

Parker have made some high quality ball points/rollerballs starting with the early States Jotters in '54 to current models, and you can't fault them from a technical and reliable point of view, though they don't get the juices going in the same way as f.ps.

Bodies come in a variety of plastic or metal finishes, but nozzles seem to be just nozzles usually, and most front ends are more or less identical - though there's an exception with the Falcon which has a novel nose cone pattern which copies the Falcon f.p. front end design - nothing staggering, but the pattern gives just a lift out of the ordinary. I don't think the T1 ball pen has this front end appeal.

thought this link of use for those with an interest in ball point pens …………. https://www.retrowow.co.uk/retro_collectibles/pens/ballpoint_pens.php

Edited by PaulS

I don't think the T1 ball pen has this front end appeal.

The T1 BP has no "unusual" design to the front end.

http://i65.tinypic.com/1234dop.jpg

so really then the T1 is quite a boring BP, from a design point of view - glad I didn't splash out $800 on a set - but oh, I would so like the f.p. :D

so really then the T1 is quite a boring BP, from a design point of view

Ah, it is made out of titanium, which is far from boring.

you're right of course Glen, but ........................... perhaps bling should be seen to be bling, not hidden under a bushel. :D - but I'll buy your fountain pen when you're tired of it. :lticaptd:

The T1 BP has no "unusual" design to the front end.

http://i65.tinypic.com/1234dop.jpg

The first year BP has a GT tip and the MP does not because the MP cartridge extends past the tip so it didn't need the extra protection. So please put a MP cartridge in that one.