The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 JungleJim

JungleJim

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:22

I really like this ink. So much so I just ordered more along with Skull and Roses. There are three sources in Germany I've found. However, I was frustrated trying to navigate their German sites. The solution was to go through Amazon. Same price.

But, I do have a question. Chrissy, you said no evidence of nib drying. I have it in two wet pens, Visconti HS Lava and Pelikan M800. Both dried out to the point of no flow several times yesterday; even with the cap on. I've never had that problem with either pen, regardless of ink. Still love the ink.

How long did it take for shipping from Germany to Kentucky? Just wondering.

All the Best.

Edited by JungleJim, 06 March 2019 - 01:26.

Sponsored Content

#22 biancitwo

biancitwo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:26

How long did it take for shipping from Germany to Kentucky? Just wondering.

All the Best.

Five days. Shipped on the 27th, and arrived on the 4th.

#23 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:31

I understand that it is the sheen that smears.  Yet, they are the only ones of the sheening inks I own that are this bad.
...‹snip›...
Rhodia and Clairefontaine paper make the "problem" worse, as they are not very porous.

Lay down enough ink to sheen, and it will smear just from rubbing with a finger, on which there are microscopic beads of sweat/moisture on the skin.

fpn_1551842942__smearing_of_sheen_on_art

The paper I used for the card stock is Arttec Como 210gm drawing paper, and so should not have a problem with ink taking hold. The November Rain splats were done four days ago, and the other others about three weeks ago.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine november rain, diamine dark green ink, november rain ink, diamine ink, dark green ink, dark green ink with sheen, germany exclusive ink, nice dark green ink, good dark green ink, green ink

Sponsored Content

|