2018 Pelikan Souverän 805 Raden Royal Platinum Le

johntdavis

I've been surprised by just how hard these are to come by. I had no problem getting a Royal Gold. I've contacted multiple vendors for a pre-order and they are only getting 1-2 pens each which are already spoken for so I'm still left on the hunt for one. Very disappointing as I'd like to pair this up with my Royal Gold. If anyone has a solid line on one of these, please let me know.

Appelboom have it arriving in Sept. and so do Goulet.

Price difference is significant $1720 vs 2200.

https://appelboom.com/pelikan-souveran-m805-raden-royal-platinum-fountain-pen/

https://www.gouletpens.com/products/pelikan-m805-fountain-pen-raden-royal-platinum-limited-edition

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• sargetalon

• Mulrich

• BillH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would €1720

Edited by Karmachanic

Add lightness and simplicate.

That would €1720

The buyer is based in the US and will pay ex VAT price, which I have converted to $.

1780 Euro incl. VAT @ 21%

1471 Euro minus VAT = $1720 @ FX rate of $1.168 to the Euro.

I have not accounted for US customs and tax which will be payable as the item is over $800 threshold unless the item slips through. :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Ah but here is a problem. All of these vendors are listing the pen for sale but stock is incredibly limited and many pre-orders will go unfilled. Appelboom for instance, at least initially, is only getting 1 piece to sell and that is already spoken for so even though it's listed, it's not really available. That same story repeats with vendors across the globe. Most are getting only 1-2 pieces due to the limited run of only 388 pieces.

As for pricing, US Vendors will charge around $2,195. EU Vendors are charging 1,471.07 (~$1,716.35) minus the VAT for this of us in the US which is just shy of a $500 savings for US customers, that is if you can find one.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

You might try Fritz Schimpf. That's where I got my gold.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Ah but here is a problem. All of these vendors are listing the pen for sale but stock is incredibly limited and many pre-orders will go unfilled. Appelboom for instance, at least initially, is only getting 1 piece to sell and that is already spoken for so even though it's listed, it's not really available. That same story repeats with vendors across the globe. Most are getting only 1-2 pieces due to the limited run of only 388 pieces.

I had a feeling that would be the case. Just email all your usual retailers and hope an order goes unfilled.

If, you are unable to source one there is no point us mere mortals even trying. :D Only 388 pieces, just add to the misery.

I would have thought you would have a direct line to Pelikan.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

I have finally been able to track one down myself. Looking forward to it joining the Royal Gold.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

I have finally been able to track one down myself. Looking forward to it joining the Royal Gold.

:thumbup: Which retailer/country, if you don't mind?

Well done. Family pics when it arrives, please? :P

+1

Engineer :

:thumbup: Which retailer/country, if you don't mind?

+1

My go to retailer, Fritz-Schimpf in Germany. At first, they felt they were unable to fill my order. Thankfully, as the supply chain has become more obvious, they now think they can accommodate. Fingers crossed that remains true. Other vendors I reached out to cited allotments of 1 or 2 pieces only. Many US vendors still havent learned just how many they may get.

Beautiful but I would have to have the gold version to fit in my collection!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My go to retailer, Fritz-Schimpf in Germany. At first, they felt they were unable to fill my order. Thankfully, as the supply chain has become more obvious, they now think they can accommodate. Fingers crossed that remains true. Other vendors I reached out to cited allotments of 1 or 2 pieces only. Many US vendors still havent learned just how many they may get.

Fingers Crossed.

They should only sell it to those with the gold version.

Invite Only, after all with just 388 to go around the intention is clear. Some countries will have to be satisfied with just the brochure. :lol:

Engineer :

I have nothing really against this pen but Im surprised at how much attention its getting. I may have to reconsider trying to buy it since it may be limited enough to actually hold value (probably not, but it might).

Iguana sell seems to still take orders.

https://www.iguanasell.de/collections/schreibwaren-primary/products/pelikan-souveran-m805-raden-royal-platinum-fuller-lim-ed-810340

I dont really like these Pelikan designs with these types of ink windows, but I see the appeal in the pen.

Also a better price in USD than I've seen elsewhere.

I'm still not sure if I like this or not. It looks terribly flat in the photos I've seen, but photos rarely capture raden well.

I do actually like the ink window, if only because I've had issues trying to actually judge ink level through translucent/transparent stripes in Pelikans when the ink is viscous enough to stick to the sides of the inner barrel. I like the convenience of a big window with no stripes, and the cap totally hides it when not in use.

Also a better price in USD than I've seen elsewhere.

I'm still not sure if I like this or not. It looks terribly flat in the photos I've seen, but photos rarely capture raden well.

I do actually like the ink window, if only because I've had issues trying to actually judge ink level through translucent/transparent stripes in Pelikans when the ink is viscous enough to stick to the sides of the inner barrel. I like the convenience of a big window with no stripes, and the cap totally hides it when not in use.

Yes, you are right, I fixed that problem by using inks that play well with the striped ink window. I might have phrased that improperly; I dislike the very harsh cut off between the nice finish into ink window, purely aesthetically.

I am starting to learn more about these specials and the deeper I go, the more appealing they become. Maybe I should stop there.

The Raden starlight etc. editions are incredible!

It seems that Montblanc also used these Raden finishes for some special editions