The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Apogee Chrome Staccato Fountain Pen And Ball-Point Pen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LouisA

LouisA

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:10

These two pens remind me of the Italian sports cars I use to own. Everyone would oh and ah but they were a pain in the rear day to day. Both pens look outstanding. Nice design, nice weight and balance but both have a few faults.

The Clip - On both the clip is a pain. When holding the pen horizontal the clip seems a cool design but in actual use when you hold it upright you find your fingers slipping off the end, unable to get a grip on it to open it up so you put it in your pocket. *ugh*

The Fountain Pen - The pen has a fine point but it writes broader than my Waterman Man 100 with medium point. The ink flow is like writing with a tube of toothpaste. *ugh* The place where I bought it has ordered an extra fine replacement nib. I'll report back on the difference. If it was not for the point and ink flow it would be a nice pen but the point and ink flow is what a pen is about so currently I do not use it at all. Just waiting for the replacement nib.

The Ball-Point - Should have followed my gut feeling on this one. While the pen looks great and has a nice feel due to the size and nature of the metal I find the pen squirting back out of my hand when I attempt to use it. more *ugh* I may try a fix I did with another pen with slippery metal. Take the rubber of the end of a Pentel gel pen and place it on the end so I can get a good grip and write without the pen slipping in my hand.
I use a fountain pen because one ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to write a few reasonable words with a fountain pen.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|