The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

I'd Love To Find Others In South Orange County, Ca, Usa

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 22:31

such is life.... I am still in and think that Dale / Frozenoak is too.  Hope TruthPil makes it.  I'll be wearing a gray T-shirt with  Louisville Cardinal on it.  Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.   

Mark

Sponsored Content

#42 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 22:57

I am still willing to hang out until 7.  If we don't get to see you this time, maybe next time.

#43 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:21

Frozenoak and i met for about 90 minutes over some iced tea. It was cool meeting face to face and sharing our pens. Turns out that this particular Starbucks closes at 6. We want to try this again and agreed on Monday Sept 9 again at 5-530. New location tho. Starbucks at La Paz and the 5. (Corner of La Paz and cabot... Right at the southbound exit). They are open later and we wont get booted to the patio like we did tonight!

#44 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:00

Sorry I missed it. I don't always have a regular schedule.  Hopefully next time!

#45 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 15:20

Greenie, Schedules are not our friends.  It's unfortunate that we missed you but I understand.  MHBru and I had a pleasant discussion and showed off some pens and inks.  The first Monday of next month is a holiday so we decided the second (Sept 9) would be better.  As stated, we also decided to change the venue as the Starbucks on Oso closes at 6:pm. 

On a side note, did we settle on calling these meetups "Ink&Drink"?  I need a title for my calendar.

Regards,

Dale

#46 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 17:48

ink and Drink works for me.. :)

#47 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• 1,472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:33

I like any of the rhymes!  I will put Sept 9 on my calendar.  I am on call that week, so that really cuts into my ability to commit.

What types of pens did you guys share?  

#48 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 20:19

I don't remember all of the pens that MHBru brought but I had a couple of my Franklin-Christophs, a couple cheap demonstrators, and my Lilliput.  Mark gave me an ink sample that I'm using in my Parker Sonnet at home I think it's his own mix but I can't remember the details off the top of my head.

For the next meetup I plan to bring my Franklin-Christoph Music Nib, my Pelican Highlighter, and Pilot Vanishing Point.  And a sample vile of my home made Olive Drab ink.

Regards,

Dale

#49 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 21:01

I brought... Visconti Van Gogh, Pelikan 800 blue stripe, Pelikan Ocean Swirl, Pelikcan 800 red stripe, Pelikan Ductus and a Pelikan 205.   I don't recall off the top of my head what that ink sample was but the only one i have blended is CdA Ultra violet (which i think is too washed out looking) with Monteverde Purple Reign (which is a pretty intense purple).  Together they make a decent color.  Frozenoak if that color is different let me know.... was it the dark green Franklin Cristoph Midnight Emerald?  

Interesting side note... I was able to suggest that Lilliput to someone looking for a small pen based on having just seen it.  And although I have looked at FC pens before I had never seen or written with one... they are pretty stinkin nice!

Edited by MHBru, 09 August 2019 - 21:03.

#50 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 22:18

No, it couldn't be either of those.  It's more of a blue-black.

#51 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 23:28

Ah.. then it is kyo no oto Aonibi  :)  Hope you are enjoying it.

#52 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:55

I am. Ive penned what might be the first chapter in my first book tonight, however, Ive probably written a first chapter 29 times for every second chapter Ive started. How many chapters are in a book?

#53 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:56

Arrg, my phone and apostrophes.

#54 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• 1,472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 18:02

I just posted a Shout Out to Inks and Drinks on the OCpenclub.com site.

Please tell me what else you want me to say. Alternative promotion of this meetup can only help build it.  I hope to see you all Sept 7 at OC Pen Club - might be informally "Pens and People" for the Saturday meetups.  For now, those are likely to be quarterly, but nothing is set yet.

Edited by Greenie, 28 August 2019 - 18:03.

#55 TruthPil

TruthPil

Flexy obliqueness!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2019 - 05:56

Are we still on for La Paz Starbucks at 5pm on September 9th?

Sorry I missed the last meetup. I was so busy that I didn't check on here for several weeks.

It took me almost 2 months to find a place to live, but I'm in Aliso Viejo now and regularly around La Paz. 

I just unpacked all my pens and inks...can't wait to share and chat with you all!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

#56 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:33

This is crazy, here I am in Southern Ontario near Toronto and I know that Starbucks!  I have relatives who lived in Laguna Hills and when I went down there a few years ago for a family wedding, I regularly bought iced coffee from the Starbucks where you'll be meeting.  Have a great time, wish I could be there.

#57 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 22:34

Are we still on for La Paz Starbucks at 5pm on September 9th?

Sorry I missed the last meetup. I was so busy that I didn't check on here for several weeks.

It took me almost 2 months to find a place to live, but I'm in Aliso Viejo now and regularly around La Paz. 

I just unpacked all my pens and inks...can't wait to share and chat with you all!

We are still on.  I have it in my calendar for 5:30 though.  The normal time will be the first Monday of the month at 5:30.  We pushed it out a week due to the holiday this month.

There is also the new Orange County Pen Club that will be having their inaugural meeting this weekend.  Check it out here https://ocpenclub.com/ if your interested.

Edited by Frozenoak, 03 September 2019 - 22:36.

#58 MHBru

MHBru

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 23:12

I still have this on my calendar and plan to see you there... Looking forward to meeting you TruthPil.... and pen lady, feel free to swing by!  :)

#59 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 15:21

This is crazy, here I am in Southern Ontario near Toronto and I know that Starbucks!  I have relatives who lived in Laguna Hills and when I went down there a few years ago for a family wedding, I regularly bought iced coffee from the Starbucks where you'll be meeting.  Have a great time, wish I could be there.

This took a second read because we have an Ontario California not too far from here, but not Toronto.

#60 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• 1,472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 21:17

Southern Ontario California would be a good location to be able to join us!  Ontario Canada, not so much.  I know someone here in Orange County ho is from London, Ontario. He hates explaining that he is from Canada, no England, and not from Southern California. He always has to say "London, Ontario, Canada", or just "Canada".  

Sponsored Content

|