I'd Love To Find Others In South Orange County, Ca, Usa

MHBru

such is life.... I am still in and think that Dale / Frozenoak is too. Hope TruthPil makes it. I'll be wearing a gray T-shirt with Louisville Cardinal on it. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

Mark

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MHBru

• Greenie

• Frozenoak

• truthpil

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still willing to hang out until 7. If we don't get to see you this time, maybe next time.

Frozenoak and i met for about 90 minutes over some iced tea. It was cool meeting face to face and sharing our pens. Turns out that this particular Starbucks closes at 6. We want to try this again and agreed on Monday Sept 9 again at 5-530. New location tho. Starbucks at La Paz and the 5. (Corner of La Paz and cabot... Right at the southbound exit). They are open later and we wont get booted to the patio like we did tonight!

Sorry I missed it. I don't always have a regular schedule. Hopefully next time!

Greenie, Schedules are not our friends. It's unfortunate that we missed you but I understand. MHBru and I had a pleasant discussion and showed off some pens and inks. The first Monday of next month is a holiday so we decided the second (Sept 9) would be better. As stated, we also decided to change the venue as the Starbucks on Oso closes at 6:pm.

On a side note, did we settle on calling these meetups "Ink&Drink"? I need a title for my calendar.

Regards,

Dale

I like any of the rhymes! I will put Sept 9 on my calendar. I am on call that week, so that really cuts into my ability to commit.

What types of pens did you guys share?

I don't remember all of the pens that MHBru brought but I had a couple of my Franklin-Christophs, a couple cheap demonstrators, and my Lilliput. Mark gave me an ink sample that I'm using in my Parker Sonnet at home I think it's his own mix but I can't remember the details off the top of my head.

For the next meetup I plan to bring my Franklin-Christoph Music Nib, my Pelican Highlighter, and Pilot Vanishing Point. And a sample vile of my home made Olive Drab ink.

Regards,

Dale

I brought... Visconti Van Gogh, Pelikan 800 blue stripe, Pelikan Ocean Swirl, Pelikcan 800 red stripe, Pelikan Ductus and a Pelikan 205. I don't recall off the top of my head what that ink sample was but the only one i have blended is CdA Ultra violet (which i think is too washed out looking) with Monteverde Purple Reign (which is a pretty intense purple). Together they make a decent color. Frozenoak if that color is different let me know.... was it the dark green Franklin Cristoph Midnight Emerald?

Interesting side note... I was able to suggest that Lilliput to someone looking for a small pen based on having just seen it. And although I have looked at FC pens before I had never seen or written with one... they are pretty stinkin nice!

Edited by MHBru

I am. Ive penned what might be the first chapter in my first book tonight, however, Ive probably written a first chapter 29 times for every second chapter Ive started. How many chapters are in a book?

• 3 weeks later...

I just posted a Shout Out to Inks and Drinks on the OCpenclub.com site.

Please tell me what else you want me to say. Alternative promotion of this meetup can only help build it. I hope to see you all Sept 7 at OC Pen Club - might be informally "Pens and People" for the Saturday meetups. For now, those are likely to be quarterly, but nothing is set yet.

Edited by Greenie

Are we still on for La Paz Starbucks at 5pm on September 9th?

Sorry I missed the last meetup. I was so busy that I didn't check on here for several weeks.

It took me almost 2 months to find a place to live, but I'm in Aliso Viejo now and regularly around La Paz.

I just unpacked all my pens and inks...can't wait to share and chat with you all!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

This is crazy, here I am in Southern Ontario near Toronto and I know that Starbucks! I have relatives who lived in Laguna Hills and when I went down there a few years ago for a family wedding, I regularly bought iced coffee from the Starbucks where you'll be meeting. Have a great time, wish I could be there.

Are we still on for La Paz Starbucks at 5pm on September 9th?

Sorry I missed the last meetup. I was so busy that I didn't check on here for several weeks.

It took me almost 2 months to find a place to live, but I'm in Aliso Viejo now and regularly around La Paz.

I just unpacked all my pens and inks...can't wait to share and chat with you all!

We are still on. I have it in my calendar for 5:30 though. The normal time will be the first Monday of the month at 5:30. We pushed it out a week due to the holiday this month.

There is also the new Orange County Pen Club that will be having their inaugural meeting this weekend. Check it out here https://ocpenclub.com/ if your interested.

Edited by Frozenoak

I still have this on my calendar and plan to see you there... Looking forward to meeting you TruthPil.... and pen lady, feel free to swing by! :)

This is crazy, here I am in Southern Ontario near Toronto and I know that Starbucks! I have relatives who lived in Laguna Hills and when I went down there a few years ago for a family wedding, I regularly bought iced coffee from the Starbucks where you'll be meeting. Have a great time, wish I could be there.

This took a second read because we have an Ontario California not too far from here, but not Toronto.

Southern Ontario California would be a good location to be able to join us! Ontario Canada, not so much. I know someone here in Orange County ho is from London, Ontario. He hates explaining that he is from Canada, no England, and not from Southern California. He always has to say "London, Ontario, Canada", or just "Canada".