The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler’S Ink?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dge888

Dge888

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 15:07

Does anyone know the name of this ink?

Attached Images

• 89728504-FA8C-4AE3-BEEB-A921DCFCC416.jpeg

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 15:31

Sorry, no.  It's clearly one of the ones for the German market, but I don't know those.  And my high school German is too rusty to decipher what the label says.  

I'm not even sure of all the ones for the UK market, except Brexit (I bought a bottle of that last fall at the Commonwealth Pen show, but it's a bit light to be good for a lot of uses; mostly it was an excuse to get another Charlie pen  :rolleyes:, because Nathan didn't have the Boston Safety pens ready (I thought about getting a couple of the Committee of Safety inks, but since the pens weren't available there was no point).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 Corona688

Corona688

Inkfingered Crackpot

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 16:49

Could I persuade you to photograph the first half of those words?

#4 Dge888

Dge888

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 19:04

Heres another shot of it Goulet Pen Co. got back to me and they think its Prussian Blue

Attached Images

• 9E7AADCF-9F18-40BB-A351-0F79772FEEE8.jpeg
  • CFF60427-3AC5-473D-A9B9-6224E6C929DD.jpeg

#5 sanphoemo

sanphoemo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 19:25

Yes, about the colour it says Prussian Blue. The two lines at the bottom only refer to the characteristics, document proof and the other in red means fake proof

#6 Corona688

Corona688

Inkfingered Crackpot

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 22:27

That was actually going to be my completely uninformed guess but then I looked up a bunch of Goulet bottles and their labels differed so wildly from their contents I gave up.  Amusing

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:08

Hmmm.  I wonder if the color really is Prussian blue....  Which I remember somewhat fondly from back when I was an art major in college.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 Corona688

Corona688

Inkfingered Crackpot

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2018 - 15:50

Hmmm.  I wonder if the color really is Prussian blue....  Which I remember somewhat fondly from back when I was an art major in college.

Prussian Blue is so complex and variable it's hard to say no. I suspect they captured its brighter tones. But the best pen-friendly imitation I've seen is Sailor Sei Boku. It's so close in color and shading that I had to do a chemical test to prove it's synthetic and not "real" Prussian Blue.

Edited by Corona688, 15 August 2018 - 15:51.

#9 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2019 - 23:09

I know Goulet already got back to the OP about this, but I wanted to offer this link (goulet video) which has a little bit of info about it.

hope this is helpful

skip to 3m 32s to see the Prussian Blue part

Edited by IThinkIHaveAProblem, 19 April 2019 - 23:10.

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Sponsored Content

|