The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 djmaher

djmaher

One who wanders

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 November 2018 - 23:28

I just thought I'd follow up on my order from Fountainfeder of two 80ml bottles of ink.  One each, Skull and Roses, and November rain.  Since these are both a bit hard to get, and hard to find (not at all in the US, as far as I know, and tried), I thought I'd briefly detail my experience:

Ordered: October 19th

9,20 Euro each

2,94 Euro tax (I'm assuming VAT)

4 Euro shipping.  From Germany, to Portland, Oregon, USA.  I didn't pay for tracking(a couple of Euro more), but maybe should have.  I sort of forgot to add it at checkout, which is an option.

Shipped:October 20th, Standard Post, I believe.  Can't remember if you can pay for faster post.  Packed well, in bubble wrap and packing peanuts.  Package did not go through a customs check, which always seems to add a week travel time.

German hazelnut chocolate treat included at no additional charge.  :D 

Arrived today at my PO box, in Oregon.  To me, acceptable travel time, considering how hard it seems to get this ink, at least right now.  Both of these are German-market exclusives.

Overall, a great transaction.  Steffi was great with communication on Facebook, especially as I impatiently awaited the ink to arrive in Germany from the UK.  She posted on her website, and on Facebook, when the ink had finally arrived and was available to buy.

FYI, as of this moment, both inks are available to buy.   https://www.fountainfeder.eu/

For a first time buying experience, it was great.  No a single negative thing, except me impatiently waiting for the ink to arrive!!

Hope this helps.

.....the Heart has it's reasons, which Reason knows nothing of.....

Sponsored Content

#42 biancitwo

biancitwo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:08

I have had Skull & Roses in a Nakaya. That nib never dried out till this ink was used. I wrote a little with it last night. Today it wrote immediately. Previously, it had dried frequently during a writing session after only a few minutes. Last night I filled a Pilot 823 after a disappointing and brief fill with Noodlers Alamo Twilight. It wrote beautifully with Skull & Roses. But, in that pen, it showed no red sheen. Beside the 823, the Nakaya showed ample sheen. Love the ink, but the drying nib is puzzling.

#43 biancitwo

biancitwo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:20

8 minutes ago, I said Skull & Roses did not sheen in my 823. I must correct that. It did not on cheaper more absorbent paper. I just now looked at my ink journal entries on Tomoe River and the 823 showed excellent sheen.

Edited by biancitwo, 07 May 2019 - 12:21.

#44 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:25

My 8-year-old daughter is just starting her fountain pen education in school (they're required to bring in a fountain pen with blue ink in order to learn how to write with fountain pens).  She of course knows of and observes my habits, and immediately demanded that the pen be filled with "that nice blue ink you got."  (I show her a bottle.)  "Not Asa blue!  The other one that shines red, Skull and Roses!"

LOL.  My 8 year old already knows the name of her favourite ink!

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine skull & roses, skull & roses ink, diamine ink, diamine exclusive germany, blue ink with red sheen, diamine blue ink, diamine sheen ink, diamine red sheen ink, germany exclusive ink

Sponsored Content

|