Who Is Using Montblanc Elixir Colorist Inks?

Joane

Have you had the occasion to use the Montblanc Elixir Colorist inks?

Since the announcement of this collection and some reviews earlier in the year (greatly appreciated), there doesn't seem to be much on their use. I've been searching the net for recent articles or reports on how the ink performs in regular use and have asked to be notified by the local boutique when they arrive; so far no news. I would like to get at least one of them, because of the reference to historical times. In the meantime, any account of the use and performance of these inks in the months since their arrival on the market would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joane

• Patrick L

• Cyber6

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Azure ink. Nothing special really. It's a pale blue - blueish turquoise ink. The expensive price is probably due to the bottle , I purchased the New Dupont and Caran D'ache ink bottles and can say that they are certainly more impressive than the Elixir Colorist bottles.

There's also some paperwork included in the packet , but it's the standard paperwork "your shoe shape ink bottle .." For such an expensive price Montblanc should have printed a special instruction manual. I have the impression that they don't give a damn and just care about the money.

I don't encourage anyone to buy this ink.

Edited by Patrick L

Patrick L, thanks for the feedback. Yes, a special insert could have been a nice touch. How do the texture and flow compare to MB regular inks?

Edited by Joane

I can't tell you as it's the first time that I write with a Mont Blanc ink Joane. But compared to the other inks that I wrote with (about 100) there's nothing special about it It's just an average ink that's being sold at a very steep price.

I can't tell you as it's the first time that I write with a Mont Blanc ink Joane. But compared to the other inks that I wrote with (about 100) there's nothing special about it It's just an average ink that's being sold at a very steep price.

Thank you.

The ones coming next year are supposed to be scented. Leather, Cigar and I can't remember the third one... I am very disappointed at the price. I might get one, cause I am a sucker for cute bottles, but honestly I can't recommend them either. The colours don't seem to be anything special.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

The ones coming next year are supposed to be scented. Leather, Cigar and I can't remember the third one... I am very disappointed at the price. I might get one, cause I am a sucker for cute bottles, but honestly I can't recommend them either. The colours don't seem to be anything special.

C.

I think it maybe whiskey? Not sure though.

I think it maybe whiskey? Not sure though.

NO, Whiskey is one of the Limited edition ones... not the Elixir one.

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Wow! The line between Montblanc ink and perfume is blurring! I love perfume also and would definitely want to sniff/try these. Unfortunately, they don't have testers in the store. It might be a good idea. I don't care too much about the bottle design—I like most of the MB bottles. I do care about the flow and texture, even moreso than the colour. I think I would like a cigar-scented perfume but the recipients of my letters might not! Whiskey might give the impression the writer was operating in a state of drunkenness. Leather could work, though. LOL

P.S. It will probably take years for these inks to reach Montréal, if they ever do...

Edited by Joane

NO, Whiskey is one of the Limited edition ones... not the Elixir one.

C.

Papyrus could be a nice scent for a historical ink. From smelling a papyrus note in a couple of perfumes. I get a sort of wet-paper aroma.

Edited by Joane

I think you're paying for very expensive natural dyes, which might also explain the lack of saturation. I like the fancy box but the bottle leaves me a bit cold. Some of the earliest Mark fragments were written with Purpoure (sp?), one of which I've seen. I think they're more of historical interest than great new everyday use inks. I can say that Purpoure is quite interesting. It goes down quite reddish and oxidizes rather fast to a slightly deeper purple. If it were more saturated the effect would be very dramatic. Flow and lubrication isn't bad at all for an ancient ink. No feathering, bleed or show through and good dry times.