Jump to content

The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team


Noodler 4.5Oz Replacement Droppers

noodler dropper

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frotz



  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:38

I found a couple 4.5 ounce bottles of Noodler's ink with droppers in which the rubber bulb has dried up and cracked.  The ink is still good.  Does anyone know a good place to find appropriately sized bulbs alone or dropper caps of the right size and length?

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth


    Ancient Artifact

  • Member - Gold

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2018 - 20:18

I would do a Google search for places that sell Boston round bottles.  I can't remember where I ordered mine from but a few years ago, I needed bottles to decant a couple of very large capacity bottles of vintage ink (one full 8 oz. bottle and one 3/4 full pint bottle) into.  I priced out several different companies to see where I could get the best deal without having to buy in bulk, and for the 4 oz. bottles I bought eyedropper caps.  

If you're getting the caps, you would need to know the the size, which may be listed as a ratio number (which I think might be a combination of the diameter and threading sizes); you may have to contact places and ask how to measure for the right size cap.  But if you just want the bulb, I'd ask a pharmacy if you can just buy a new eyedropper and see if the rubber bulb fits the glass part of the eyedropper (I can well believe that Nathan Tardif buys off the shelf stuff so as to not pass price increases along to his customers -- and It occurred to me just now that you could probably contact Noodlers or Luxury Brands to see what they recommend for a replacement).

Hope this helps.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodler, dropper

Sponsored Content