Can Someone Help Me Identify A Nib?

silva

Hello, i have a pen Parker vacumatic and have a Nib saying " Parker 18k, France, 1957". Is possible to be a VS French version? because in barrel with some effort is possible read "Parker VS" in letters almost disappearing. And why in the nib have 1957 write? Cap have write "Double or laminé Made in England" and logo P(arrow up) P. Need help. thabks

post-143716-0-23147700-1534159548_thumb.jpg

post-143716-0-54902700-1534159569_thumb.jpg

post-143716-0-74153300-1534159587_thumb.jpg

post-143716-0-37198300-1534159622_thumb.jpg

Edited by silva

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• silva

• hood

• mitto

• FarmBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VS

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Pen's from the late 1940's. Go to parkerpens.net, there's an excellent article there about your pen.

Pen's from the late 1940's. Go to parkerpens.net, there's an excellent article there about your pen.

what i see is Parker VS with gold filled cap, can be that?

France was one of the places the Parker VS was produced, usually with the nib like yours. It would have had "MADE IN FRANCE" printed just below the "PARKER V.S." imprint on the barrel just next to the clutch ring, but if you can only just see the VS line then the other may have faded.

fpn_1534177034__img_20180813_1643525.jpg

Some of the French VS pens with gold caps, including the one I have, came with an arrow clip like the Parker 51, rather than the usual more plain one.

France was one of the places the Parker VS was produced, usually with the nib like yours. It would have had "MADE IN FRANCE" printed just below the "PARKER V.S." imprint on the barrel just next to the clutch ring, but if you can only just see the VS line then the other may have faded.

fpn_1534177034__img_20180813_1643525.jpg

Some of the French VS pens with gold caps, including the one I have, came with an arrow clip like the Parker 51, rather than the usual more plain one.

Yes, very similar to 51. And your cap says Made in England, Double or laminé?

No mine doesn't actually have a 'Made in' line, but it has '1/10 12CT R GOLD' and above that ' "51" ', and I've seen other French made ones with this sort of cap, so maybe Parker were using up parts. The clip is the longer type clip seen on 51s.

No mine doesn't actually have a 'Made in' line, but it has '1/10 12CT R GOLD' and above that ' "51" ', and I've seen other French made ones with this sort of cap, so maybe Parker were using up parts. The clip is the longer type clip seen on 51s

why the number 1957 on nib?

Looking closer at your photos, it seems your nib is actually a different design to the ones I've seen on French VS pens.

fpn_1534197928__img_20180813_2259298.jpg

This one does have the eagle head mark, it's hidden inside the section with just the very edge showing straight down from the 'CA' of 'carats'

If that is a year stamp on yours then perhaps it was a later replacement.

Looking closer at your photos, it seems your nib is actually a different design to the ones I've seen on French VS pens.

fpn_1534197928__img_20180813_2259298.jpg

This one does have the eagle head mark, it's hidden inside the section with just the very edge showing straight down from the 'CA' of 'carats'

If that is a year stamp on yours then perhaps it was a later replacement.

But the pen seems to be similar, with the transparent plastic inside. I've been wathing with the magnifying glass and I can see Parker V.S. the Made in France already disappear

Interesting, that's the P61 style cap, also used on the last style of P51 with the thin clutch ring, but I've not seen one on a VS before. Is the clutch inside the cap the type with the four fingers?

Interesting, that's the P61 style cap, also used on the last style of P51 with the thin clutch ring, but I've not seen one on a VS before. Is the clutch inside the cap the type with the four fingers?

four, yes.

but I was seeing better the cap of a 61 that I have with me right now and that of the VS are farther away than those of the 61.

A frankenpen. The cap is alien to the pen. The GF caps on the VS have the close basket clutch - like on the Vac 51s and earlier aero 51 caps - and have four lines-space-four lines pattern on them.

Khan M. Ilyas