The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149 Diplomat

caps 1970s barrels matching

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roberthansjorg

roberthansjorg

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:54

Hi,

I have a 149 barrel which I believe is from the 70/80's and I want a matching bare cap.

I think I may have found one which has the threaded post on the end to take a screw on snow flake top

which I happen to have.

The present owner of the cap says it's from a Diplomat 149 Meisterstuck.

I wouldn't know if my barrel would be designated a Diplomat barrel so what are the chances my barrel and this mans cap would match?

Only way to find out is to try it I know. Trouble is it's a long way just for this "fitting".

I looked up the Mont Blanc website and there does not appear to be any reference to "Diplomat" there.

Is this label just for the American market and not used in the UK?

I've included a photo of the s/f top I've got which would screw down onto the threaded post on the cap

and hold the clip in place as well.

Attached Images

• RIMG0034.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2018 - 15:08

Diplomat is more of a nickname vs an official name. I think it may have been used until someone realized MB did not have the rights, but that could be a misrememberance.

If you barrel is from the 1970s or so, then a period cap would have a threaded, integrated post and the cap top would look like the one on your photo.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caps, 1970s, barrels, matching

Sponsored Content

|