The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Request For Fountain Pen Identification

pen identification request burgundy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pluym

Pluym

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2018 - 16:34

Hi all,

can anyone help me to identify the following pen.

A slim, burgundy pen with silver cap, having an ink window and piston filler... (I taped the filler because it was slightly leaking because of some small cracks)

For further details please check the pictures.

I'm rather new to fountain pens and have no clue about the brand, country of origin, age... there's no sign of any brand on the pen itself.

I'm suspecting there might be some clue on the nib itself, but since I'm rather new to fountain pens I don't really know if/how I can remove the nib. Unscrewing the nib/feed section was not successful, I'm worried I would break something if I would try too hard to get it loose.

(It came in my possession together with a Parker 45 Arrow)

I would really appreciate getting any info about this pen.

Kind regards,
Pluym.

Attached Images

• IMG_20180811_101823.jpg
  • IMG_20180811_101710.jpg
  • IMG_20180811_101623.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 peterg

peterg

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 22:48

That style of syringe filler was made in large numbers in Italy in the 1960 & 70's

#3 Pluym

Pluym

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2018 - 06:51

That style of syringe filler was made in large numbers in Italy in the 1960 & 70's

Thx, that's a start!

Sorry if I'm not using the correct terms about the filling mechanism. One just needs to pull it in order to suck in the ink.

So besides the request for identification, it 'll also help me to get a proper description of this pen with the correct terms 😉

Regards,
Pluym.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 22:42

syringe filler is the term for it.

Then there are button fillers...not yours. Piston pens, bulb fillers, lever fillers....then came the cartridge. Probably missing half of them.

Go to Richard Binder's site, it is the bible of fountain pens; nibs, filling systems, lots and lots of :puddle: pens...good advice on inks.....should take you 3 days to read it....if you do nothing else.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 13 August 2018 - 22:43.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#5 Pluym

Pluym

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:55

Still no clue on this ☹️

Should I maybe post this on the Italy forum? Can I move topic to another forum or create new one?...

#6 irrigger

irrigger

A Canuck Abroad

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 13:36

I believe that these are of small value as I found a display/blister pack of these at a flea market.  They came in packs of 10. I picked a couple up for $1 ea just to play with.

#7 Pluym

Pluym

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 September 2018 - 18:27

I believe that these are of small value as I found a display/blister pack of these at a flea market.  They came in packs of 10. I picked a couple up for $1 ea just to play with.

I'm not really interested in the value, more like age, brand and origin.
But thx anyway for your reply.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen, identification, request, burgundy

Sponsored Content

|