Homer Or Antione De St Exupery

penmaxwell919

This is not the case most times. You cant turn an M into a signtature nib. Ans, Tom's Schiller nib was remade because he wanted characteristics the original nib could not support. They used the same design as the original nib, however.

I am not saying it is never the case they modify the existing nib, but I would wager that majority of bespoke nibs are made from scratch.

I have a semi-bespoke nib (no customizations other than nib width) that was made upon my request using the original nib design.

You mean MB will make a whole new design bespoke nib other than the original one. Would you please show me some photos of examples?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmaxwell919

• mjchuang9

• kandarp

• Tom Kellie

Yes when talk to Pravda sometime ago related to bespoke nib he told me generally you can already send you request and what you want to bespoke team so they are starting working on the nib and just send your pen when the nib is ready to be put in it and starting adjustment on the FP.

According to my knowledge , the bespoke nib program will accept a new pen only. You cannot send a old pen and ask for a bespoke nib.

You mean MB will make a whole new design bespoke nib other than the original one. Would you please show me some photos of examples?

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant MB will make an entirely new nib using an existing nib design rather than modify the original nib. For example, Tom's Schiller bespoke nib was made new using the same design as the original nib. They did that instead of grinding the original nib that came on the pen.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

According to my knowledge , the bespoke nib program will accept a new pen only. You cannot send a old pen and ask for a bespoke nib.

I recall one of the 149s Tom sent in for a bespoke nib was a used pen, though it was a current production model. I offer that as an example but it may have been an exception. I can't make a difinitive statement.

I am also remembering that if you get a custom pen made by MB you can get your own custom design and even a jewel set in the nib.

Of course, that is a different program and price range. ;)

I recall one of the 149s Tom sent in for a bespoke nib was a used pen, though it was a current production model. I offer that as an example but it may have been an exception. I can't make a difinitive statement.

fpn_1533879087__older_pen.jpg

Sorry if I was unclear. I meant MB will make an entirely new nib using an existing nib design rather than modify the original nib. For example, Tom's Schiller bespoke nib was made new using the same design as the original nib. They did that instead of grinding the original nib that came on the pen.

I understand a bespoke nib will use a whole new nib with the original design nib.

I am also remembering that if you get a custom pen made by MB you can get your own custom design and even a jewel set in the nib.

Of course, that is a different program and price range. ;)

That is not the normal bespoke nib program, is that? There could be advanced bespoke nib program, still, is there any example to show?

fpn_1533879087__older_pen.jpg

You mean you bought the Schiller first, then after a few years asked MB for a bespoke nib only? I was told the bespoke nib can be ordered only with a new pen a few years ago in Tokyo Ginza MB flag boutique. So I bought a new 149 for a bespoke music nib. I dont know if the policy changed now. I would be glad to send my old pens even out of production for bespoke nibs.

Edited by mjchuang9

That is not the normal bespoke nib program, is that? There could be advanced bespoke nib program, still, is there any example to show?

It is the Atelier Prive program. See this post from Pravda a few years ago for images of the nib options.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/313815-atelier-prive-experience-pic-heavy/

Edited by zaddick

It is the Atelier Prive program. See this post from Pravda a few years ago for images of the nib options.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/313815-atelier-prive-experience-pic-heavy/

Thank you for the reply. I must read the thread before but I forgot. I dont think we can say Atelier Prive program is the normal bespoke nib program. It is not only a new bespoke nib but a whole new skeleton pen. And the program still require you to buy a new pen at least 250,000 euros. Edited by mjchuang9

Back to the the topic of the thread, I have all the WEs including an OB Expury, a M and an OB Homer. If I have to choose one, that would be Homer because of the design and 149 nib. The resin 146 little prince is also a good daily writer.

You mean you bought the Schiller first, then after a few years asked MB for a bespoke nib only? I was told the bespoke nib can be ordered only with a new pen a few years ago in Tokyo Ginza MB flag boutique. So I bought a new 149 for a bespoke music nib. I dont know if the policy changed now. I would be glad to send my old pens even out of production for bespoke nibs.

~ mjchuang9:

Yes, the Schiller was over 17 years old when sent to Hamburg for a Bespoke nib with the very capable assistance of the Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique in McLean, Virginia.

Bespoke nibs are possible for pens in size from the Mozart to the 149, and for pens since the early 1990s.

It's not a requirement that a new pen be submitted, nor does it need to be a current model.

At present I'm considering a fourth Bespoke nib, which would be on a pen model from more than two decades ago.

It's unfortunately common that well-meaning Montblanc boutique staff might provide faulty information due to inadequate training or experience.

However, the manager and staff in the Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique were fully aware that an older model pen could be fitted with a Bespoke nib.

To repeat what was posted above, the 2000 WE Schiller was sent to Hamburg in late 2017 and was fitted with a Bespoke Sketch nib in early 2018.

That fact demonstrates that it is indeed possible to request a Bespoke nib for an older model pen.

I hope that this information is useful for your needs. Your pens are so lovely, as you've shown in past posts.

Tom K.

~ mjchuang9:

Yes, the Schiller was over 17 years old when sent to Hamburg for a Bespoke nib with the very capable assistance of the Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique in McLean, Virginia.

Bespoke nibs are possible for pens in size from the Mozart to the 149, and for pens since the early 1990s.

It's not a requirement that a new pen be submitted, nor does it need to be a current model.

At present I'm considering a fourth Bespoke nib, which would be on a pen model from more than two decades ago.

It's unfortunately common that well-meaning Montblanc boutique staff might provide faulty information due to inadequate training or experience.

However, the manager and staff in the Tysons Galleria Montblanc boutique were fully aware that an older model pen could be fitted with a Bespoke nib.

To repeat what was posted above, the 2000 WE Schiller was sent to Hamburg in late 2017 and was fitted with a Bespoke Sketch nib in early 2018.

That fact demonstrates that it is indeed possible to request a Bespoke nib for an older model pen.

I hope that this information is useful for your needs. Your pens are so lovely, as you've shown in past posts.

Tom K.

Tom, thank you for the information about the bespoke. Thats really a good news for me although the price is high for a bespoke nib. I hope I could have more pens with bespoke nibs. Maybe a 149 skeleton next time. Edited by mjchuang9

Tom, thank you for the information about the bespoke. That’s really a good news for me although the price is high for a besoke nib. I hope I could have more pens with bespoke nibs. Maybe a 149 skeleton next time.

~ mjchuang9:

A Bespoke nib on any Montblanc Skeleton pen would be one-of-a-kind!

If ever you decided to request a Bespoke nib for one of your favorite Skeleton pens, I'll be greatly looking forward to the photos.

The three Bespoke nibs on my writing table are all daily writers of the highest quality.

Their outstanding writing qualities have caused me to start planning for a fourth Bespoke nib.

Your fountain pen collection is impressive. It will be enhanced by ordering a Bespoke nib on a pen which you especially prefer.

Tom K.

~ mjchuang9:

A Bespoke nib on any Montblanc Skeleton pen would be one-of-a-kind!

If ever you decided to request a Bespoke nib for one of your favorite Skeleton pens, I'll be greatly looking forward to the photos.

The three Bespoke nibs on my writing table are all daily writers of the highest quality.

Their outstanding writing qualities have caused me to start planning for a fourth Bespoke nib.

Your fountain pen collection is impressive. It will be enhanced by ordering a Bespoke nib on a pen which you especially prefer.

Tom K.

Indeed that is something interesting a 149 skeleton with a bespoke nib. I think when I will be ready my first bespoke nib will be for my Heritage 1914 Coral and maybe after that for one of my skeleton. But for the moment I have no idea which type of bespoke of nib I would like to have. I have to inquire about bespoke nib and what MB offers.

fpn_1534046651__img_3021.jpg

The OB came back unexpectedly just one month after I purchased the pen. This is my first oblique 149 size nib. Although the M Homer writes extremely smoothly, the OB brings more characteristics, the line variations, and writing pleasure.

fpn_1534046651__img_3021.jpg

The OB came back unexpectedly just one month after I purchased the pen. This is my first oblique 149 size nib. Although the M Homer writes extremely smoothly, the OB brings more characteristics, the line variations, and writing pleasure.

~ mjchuang9:

Congratulations on your first oblique 149!

The image with a handwriting sample is highly appreciated.

Your OB Homer produces a pleasing line with character.

Both of your black ‘horses’ are special treasures.

May they continue to provide you with deep satisfaction in writing.

Tom K.

~ mjchuang9:

Congratulations on your first oblique 149!

The image with a handwriting sample is highly appreciated.

Your OB Homer produces a pleasing line with character.

Both of your black ‘horses’ are special treasures.

May they continue to provide you with deep satisfaction in writing.

Tom K.

Thank you Tom for your kind words. I have tried OBB Shakespeare and OB Expury, I found the Homer 149 OB is the most suitable for my handwriting. However I write in Chinese or Japanese frequently, I still need F or M in some special situations. I always appreciate your handwritings that deliver the thoughts directly and warmly.

Edited by mjchuang9