The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Michaels Craft Store Good Paper Deal

paper deal sale

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Goingbuddha

Goingbuddha

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 13:35

Greetings:  I made the mistake of going into a new Michaels in Bedford, Nova Scotia.   Wandering past the discounted/clearance section I came across some pads.  The brand is Kelly Creates.  I purchased four dotted pads of 100 pages figuring if it's lousy paper, I can still use it for non-fp writing/notes.  The paper is wonderful.  I used my second wettest pen and had no bleedthrough and no feathering.   The paper is very smooth and came in dotted or plain for less than $3.50 cdn a pad.   That would have been a nice price for mediocre paper, but this stuff is as good as my Rhodia pad.

In the end only kindness matters

Sponsored Content

#2 AlohaLani787

AlohaLani787

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2018 - 19:33

Thanks for the heads up! I'll stop by my local Michaels tomorrow.

Tuesday I was in Staples and breezed through their clearance section.  I picked up several packs of "Markings" 3 pack journals (5 5/8" x 3 1/2") for $1 per pack. It's made by C.R. Gibson, PA, USA

Also bought a couple "Bright Ideas" notebooks (6" x 8") for $2 each, made by Mari-Mi, China.

While I haven't written in the Bright Ideas notepad, I have used the Markings with blue ink and there was no bleed through. Both sizes of pads are lined.

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,059 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:23

Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paper, deal, sale

Sponsored Content

|