The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Duofold Id Help

duofold duofold jr vacumatic reissue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rabernathy

rabernathy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 16:05

Greetings Guys,

Below is a link to a full set of pictures and I have downloaded overview shots to this post for general reference.

Detailed photos are here https://imgur.com/a/eTGOAEG

Looking for some ID help, specifically dating with regards to these pens.  I believe the big duo fold and the jr are both from the early to mid twenties based upon what I see on Tony's site.  I believe the Vacumatic is a 3rd Gen Laminated Golden Brown with a Maxima nib from sometime between '42 and '48, and the new one is a 1998 Centennial.  Am I on the right track or am I missing important clues?

I am a long time fountain pen collector and user but a noob to some of this older stuff.  With the exception of the Centennial, these were all part of a shoe box I found in my Grandfather's work bench. 

Also, you will see that the nib on the Jr is damaged and of course the bladder needs to be replaced.  Is the nib repairable and if so, to whom would you have it sent for the work?

49UFUdS - Imgur.jpg

hd0emY2 - Imgur.jpg

189T0Ez - Imgur.jpg

DgpCpvu - Imgur.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 16:18

Sounds close to me. Looks like the Vac has a 5 date code so a '45 date would be right for it.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 rabernathy

rabernathy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 16:41

Thanks, any idea about the who might be able to repair the nib on the Jr?

#4 bsenn

bsenn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:00

Thanks, any idea about the who might be able to repair the nib on the Jr?

Probably less expensive to get a nib from five star pens or another source.

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duofold, duofold jr, vacumatic, reissue

Sponsored Content

|