Anyone Bought An Imporium Nib (Z56 Or Z57) À La Carte?

jbutle04

Im not definitely committed to this idea yet, but I am having fun contemplating it and scoping things out. Descriptions of the Imporium nib that Ive read online make it really appealing to me. I imagine putting it on my Studio or Safari LX (which arrived with a dud of a nib, anyway). The company is clearly not interested in making either the pen itself or the nib available here in the US, but there is a link in a post in this forum which leads to the site where Lamy does [will add link when I get on the desktop site], in fact, sell the Z56 (version with gold and ... looks like ... maybe, rhodium? Silver?) and the Z57 (the deadly handsome gold and black version) for 95,00. Interestingly, these are definitely not available for purchase through Lamys central corporate website. Anyway, its one of those irrational ideas that occur to you when youre way too into fountain pens and all their accoutrements...maybe totally stupid but I just wondered if anybody had thoughts or advice to share!

There are no things, there are only actions.

—Henri Bergson

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jezza

• jbutle04

• dapprman

• SpecTP

The none all-black/gold-black gold nib you can get easily in the UK. It's the same nib just different colour. Also you can get a number of special edition and higher end Studios, such as the Palladium, with the gold nib already on - same with the Scala and Accent. I'm sure I've seen black/gold gold nibs for sale before, but maybe it was my imagination.

I bought several from the Lamy USA website recent closure. They are quite nice. I swapped some into my Dialog 3 and Studio pens.

Edited by SpecTP

• 4 weeks later...

Sure. Im fact, Appleboom gives you the option of ordering a Safari with a gold nib. I ordered a black safari a while back with a gold nib, and they equipped it with the black/gold bicolor 14k nib.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files