The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Which We Would You Choose?

montblanc writers edition we exupery

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 penmaxwell919

penmaxwell919

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2018 - 14:51

I have a opportunity to buy one of these WE. I wish I could get both but they aren't normal priced exactly. It's between a Leo Tolstoy or an Antoine de Saint Exupery. I like both of them. Which one would you choose and would there be other reasons you would take into consideration besides personal preference?

Sponsored Content

#2 nishant

nishant

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2018 - 19:43

I love the Tolstoy WE. I particularly like the hammered barrel on it. So, any easy choice for me.

#3 dubhe

dubhe

Away at Sea

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2018 - 21:37

My vote is for the Exupery as it is a wonderful pen to hold and use. I find the Tolstoy design too varied. Also I have a Martelé so already have the hammered barrel.

#4 CS388

CS388

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:23

Hemingway. No contest. (B nib, please)

#5 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:30

Oscar Wilde is a  great pen  you will be noticed with that one in your hand or pocket

Several years ago  I had  all three  mint in box  Sold them too soon  now I am seeking the pen

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

#6 Pravda

Pravda

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:28

For me an easy choice the Tolstoy. If I didnt have the Martele I would have gotten it. The AdSE normal version looked too plasticky and dark to see any details and the LE (however pretty) was a bit cartoonish

#7 penmaxwell919

penmaxwell919

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 14:49

I love the Tolstoy WE. I particularly like the hammered barrel on it. So, any easy choice for me.

That's one of the design element that drew me to the Tolstoy, but I like the AdSE because all the elements fit together. I still can't make a choice.

#8 penmaxwell919

penmaxwell919

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 14:52

My vote is for the Exupery as it is a wonderful pen to hold and use. I find the Tolstoy design too varied. Also I have a Martelé so already have the hammered barrel.

Of all the post that I have read, writing comfort is the thing that I always heard mentioned and thats one of the considerations that I'm thinking about.

#9 penmaxwell919

penmaxwell919

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 14:53

Hemingway. No contest. (B nib, please)

I brought one that has a cracked cap hoping that I can find a replacement cap, but then another one came up on ebay. I wish I would have waited.

#10 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2018 - 17:23

For me, it's the Tolstoy, no contest. I generally like "massive" (looking) pens and also like the overall mosaic, heterogeneous look of the Tolstoy.

Also, I'm not into airplane/space stuff, so the AdSE doesn't "speak" to me. I like his writings, so I bought the Le Petit Prince 146 resin and I'm happy with that, because I prefer pens with ink windows. So I wouldn't buy the Tolstoy for myself. But if I have to choose between the two, it's definitely the Tolstoy.

#11 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2018 - 00:16

Hemingway or Agatha Christie

#12 horolographer

horolographer

Fountain pens are just plain mightier - than keyboards

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:07

I think the Exupery is more interesting piece. But what do I know? LOL
http://harrytan.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>src='http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/horolographer/HarrysSign1A.gif' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />Duofold Centennial Orange & Marble Green | Omas Paragon Arte Italiana Celluloid | MB 146 | MB 149 | MB Thomas Mann | MB Marcel Proust | MB Alexander Dumas | MB Charles Dickens | Nakaya Writer Araishu | Pelikan M1000 Green | Parker 75 Sterling | Danitrio Takumi Beige | Delta Dolce Vita OS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, writers edition, we, exupery

Sponsored Content

|