The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Adjusting Lamy Z50 Nib For Lanbitou 3059

lamy z50 lanbitou

4 replies to this topic

#1 Antenociticus

Antenociticus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 17:45

I recently bought a couple of Lanbitou 3029s having read somewhere that the nibs could be swapped out for Lamy Z50 nibs. I wanted to use a piston-filler with a couple of broader nibs.

I'm no nib expert – this is my first nib project – but today I had a go. I slipped out the Lanbitou nib, which was easily accomplished, and slipped on a Lamy Z50 B nib.

It slipped on easily enough, but wobbled when it was in place. It seemed a little too wide to fit, though I couldn't see any real difference between the two nibs. I tried bending in the wings a little with my fingers. No result. I then used a pair of pliers and promptly ruined the nib, which bent along the centre line – the line between the tines – and had to throw it away.

Before I ruin any more nibs, can anyone advise me on how best to deal with this situation?

Sponsored Content

#2 countrydirt

countrydirt

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 18:11

I've done the same and just squeeze a little at a time with my cloth padded leatherman tool until I get it tight.  

Edited by countrydirt, 28 July 2018 - 18:11.

#3 Antenociticus

Antenociticus

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2018 - 20:13

I've done the same and just squeeze a little at a time with my cloth padded leatherman tool until I get it tight.  

At which angle do you squeeze?

#4 minddance

minddance

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:22

It is not a snug fit, Lamy nibs slide out of LanBiTou easily.

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:01

squeeze the shoulders together just a TOUCH, with a pair of pliers wrapped in electrical tape. 

If that doesn't solve it, squeeze the wings themselves upwards a touch.

I've run into the same problem as you. Fixing it was simple, just a little bit of tweaking fixed it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, z50, lanbitou

Sponsored Content

|