Townsend Cap

Actor-out-on-loan

Dear FPN Freinds,

Here's another long winded story.

So, Once upon a time my cherished Townsend had a university medallion on the clip. Lost somewhere, in a move, or lapse of attention while nearby. In other words it's gone. So, I contacted Cross, the initial response was positive, or, at least that is how I felt.

"Dear Cross Consumer

Thank you for your e-mail. Unfortunately we would not be able to replace the logo on your pen. You could return to us under the warrantee and the clip could be replaced. I have provided the return information below."

So that's what I did.

Fast Forward

Your warranty order has been received. Thank you!

OK it was Ten bucks. Now here's is the thing, this required time and money on my part.

What I received back, was a rather matter of fact form letter, my pen, and a sense of disappointment. Sad!

Now, any suggestions as to what I might do? I don't want the cap on my pen to remain half naked, it doesn't look or feel right.

Thanks for reading any ideas welcome

~ Actor ~

post-141146-0-96222900-1532719978.jpg

Edited by Actor-out-on-loan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Actor-out-on-loan

• 1nkulus

• OCArt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit confused. Cross said that they could not replace the logo but could replace the clip. You posted a photo of the pen with a clip so I assume they replaced the clip. How did you not get what Cross offered?

Perhaps if you shared the name of the university someone here might be able to source a replacement.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I'm a bit confused. Cross said that they could not replace the logo but could replace the clip. You posted a photo of the pen with a clip so I assume they replaced the clip. How did you not get what Cross offered?

Perhaps if you shared the name of the university someone here might be able to source a replacement

The clip was intact when I sent it back to them (very same in picture) it must have been my misunderstanding thinking they would replace the clip.

School was Philadelphia, University no longer in existence, it is now Jefferson.

thanks for the response.

I would have thought they would replace the clip and as a result you would not have the issue of the two holes (where the logo was attached).

The two holes do look odd.

The picture shown, is before or after repairs?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I would have thought they would replace the clip and as a result you would not have the issue of the two holes (where the logo was attached).

The two holes do look odd.

The picture shown, is before or after repairs?

That was my hope. Odd indeed.

The picture shown is from before. It came back exactly the same.

Get back to Cross and tell them you expected the replaced clip to be without holes, which was the whole purpose of the exercise.

If you wanted to keep the clip with holes, you would not have bothered troubling them.

The ensuing discussion was for aesthetic and not functional reasons, which in spite of payment remains unfulfilled.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.