The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Noodler's Give Away Pens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Skinner

Charles Skinner

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2018 - 21:05

At one time, did Noodler's give away a pen with each bottle of ink sold?  C. S. 

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2018 - 23:11

Not all bottles, the 4.5 oz often come with pens.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,814 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2018 - 18:51

Kung Te Cheng used to come with a freebie brush pen.  Several other of the 4-1/2 bottles came with Platinum Preppies (now replaced with Noodler's Charlie pens).

Additionally, some of the LE inks for the Commonwealth Pen Show came with Charlie pens as well. even though they weren't the larger bottles.  I have three Charlies from the show about 3 years ago, when the pens were first introduced (they were being handed out with purchases of that year's LE inks -- Miles Standish, King Philip's Requiem, and Plymouth Wilderness (dunno if they came with the next year's Commonwealth LE inks).  Last year at the Commonwealth show, I got a Charlie with a bottle of the UK exclusive Brexit (don't remember the booth, but they were kitty-cornered to the Noodler's table.  I think that Nathan Tardif might have been giving out dip pens and nibs with the special inks that were designed to go with the Boston Safety ebonite eyedroppers but I didn't get any of those inks (even though some of the colors were quite nice) because the Safety pens themselves were having production issues and weren't yet available (and I got that info directly from Nathan).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Sponsored Content

|