The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Replacement Aurora Nibs

aurora

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Craiglea

Craiglea

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2018 - 18:02

I’m looking at replacing an Aurora Optima stub nib with a replacement. Is there a competitive source for replacement nibs available in the UK or Europe you would recommend from personal experience?

Are Aurora nibs simple. to replace? Screw out and screw in?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 18:09

I don't know of a competitive source for replacement Aurora nibs within the UK. Aurora is based in Europe but when I bought my brand new Aurora Optima 366 that had a F nib and asked them if they had a nib replacement service, they said they would need the pen to change the nib and that they would charge me the normal price for buying a new nib.

Aurora Optima nibs just screw out though, so if you find another nib unit, replacing it would be easy enough. Some are yellow gold and some are platinised gold. It would be best to get the same type as your Optima would have had originally.  :)

#3 fabri00

fabri00

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 July 2018 - 21:34

Some are yellow gold and some are platinised gold. It would be best to get the same type as your Optima would have had originally.  :)

beside from gold or platinum (or maybe rhodium??) color, the optima had at least 2 differently designed nibs.

#4 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2018 - 23:13

I've faced a similar problem. Buying a new nib turned out to be more expensive than getting a Talentum and swapping the nibs.
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aurora

Sponsored Content

|