Pelikan Twist

Fermata

Pelikan Twist and ink eradicator plus 2 cartridges at Lidl UK for £5.

A very comfortable pen.

Also 140 page A4 ring bound notebook 70 gsm, squared paper, I think that some people call these books Collegeblock pads. Just £2. Margins to the left and the right and FP friendly.

There is a review of the Pelikan twist.

http://www.gourmetpens.com/2017/08/review-pelikan-twist-fountain-pen.html

Edited by Parkette

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fermata

• Dip n Scratch

• sciumbasci

• JollyCynic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, Parkette, that's a deal worth knowing about!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Thanks for this, Parkette. These were fairly hidden at our Lidl, and even then the FPs were hard to find amongst the rollerballs, but we found them and my wife wanted to give it a try.

Are the notebooks marked United Office?

If yes, but the whole pallet. As cheap as it gets, yet perfectly usable with fountain pens

Are the notebooks marked United Office?

If yes, but the whole pallet. As cheap as it gets, yet perfectly usable with fountain pens

Yes, they are United Office, These are A4, spiral bound collegeblock, 4 hole punched and perforated, squared paper, margins left and right. 140 pages and 70gsm paper with no feathering and minimal showthrough.

The pen when capped looks like a tasty piece of confectionary!

A pity the notebooks are only squared 'maths' books

Minimal showthrough I could live with. Its feathering that makes your writing start to look really messy IMHO. For me plain paper would be more useful

Is the presence of the pens & books one of those 'when its gone, its gone' offers and there won't be any more? Thanks for the alert anyway.

I have read the review now & the fact that it won't take a standard International converter is a problem (for me). The appropriate Pelikan converter is surely going to cost way more than the pen. unless I get a blunt tipped syringe and refill the empty cartridges with my preferred ink.

Edited by Dip n Scratch

Each to their own.

The Twist is a very clever piece of design, very well made and the way that the three pieces combine is genius, it even posts, which you may think would not be possible by the shape of the pen.

Lidl are selling the pen at half price and the notebooks are very good value.

I have read the review now & the fact that it won't take a standard International converter is a problem (for me). The appropriate Pelikan converter is surely going to cost way more than the pen. unless I get a blunt tipped syringe and refill the empty cartridges with my preferred ink.

I think there is a video on YouTube where it's shown the converter fits, you just have to force the last spins of the barrel.

I suspect the amount of force required is for grown ups, as to dissuade the childs to unscrew the barrel and stain their school uniforms?

I've been using a standard converter in my Twists for five years or so since they were introduced. A firm turn to seat a standard cart or converter, and there you are. It's the way Pelikan always seat their cartridges.

Great pen, with something of the Hermes Nautilus about it, I've always thought (if slightly cheaper). A fine nib would be welcome, though :happyberet:

John

• 2 weeks later...

Two of the tricks of this clipless pen are that it cannot roll off your desk and also that you can remove the barrel whilst the section remains capped.

I am sure that there are others so blessed but I cannot think of what they might be.

If you can order on Taobao, you could look for them among Chinese vendors as the Twist only comes in Fine point in China. You can try using Baopals which translates pages and screens vendors for a small commission. My current pen for the next few days came from there as did a couple of others.

https://www.baopals.com/

I had a right sort through the aisles of a Lidle store to find one of these twists.

The card says "made in Germany", which is a surprise. It is for a pen sold at less than three pounds.

The nib is a flat pressed type that looks like the Lamy Z50. It is quite likely to be different, but we'll find out later.

So International size converters will fit? I will have a sort through the Chinese converters i've accumulated and see if there's one that's a tight, leak-free fit.

I didn't buy one of the notepads, but I saw them.

Thanks for sharing! I've had two Pelikan Twists--one of them was surprisingly smooth and the other not so much. Very bulky pen though with such a demanding grip.

Edited by letterByOwl

I had a right sort through the aisles of a Lidle store to find one of these twists.

The card says "made in Germany", which is a surprise. It is for a pen sold at less than three pounds.

The nib is a flat pressed type that looks like the Lamy Z50. It is quite likely to be different, but we'll find out later.

So International size converters will fit? I will have a sort through the Chinese converters i've accumulated and see if there's one that's a tight, leak-free fit.

I didn't buy one of the notepads, but I saw them.

Try fitting 2 cartridges back to back, the barrel is designed to make sure that the cartridges seats properly on the nipple. Although youtube vids show a single cartridge going home with a good click, not for me tho.

Notepads are reduced further.

I think that the Twist is up there with cleverest pen designs of the modern era. Must admit I would like a black one like the Led Zep Object.

The only Pelikan converter I saw referenced on the 'bay was a C499, not a C400.

I discovered a Beaufort Ink converter had a bit of grip, so I filled it with KWZ IG #1 and screwed the barrel on behind it.

I left the pen for a short period to give the ink time to travel down the feed.

The pen writes OK. I wouldn't call it smooth. I realised that the pen teaches you to use it at a shallow angle. The thing becomes smooth as silk

This is intended to be a child's pen, correct? Hopefully they will have not learned to hold pens as if they were nails.

post-22433-0-61233700-1533576398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dip n Scratch

If your local Lidl still has these, they might be £4 there now.

http://gemmarkle.com/pics/PelikanTwistGBP4.jpg

If your local Lidl still has these, they might be £4 there now.

http://gemmarkle.com/pics/PelikanTwistGBP4.jpg

They look good in black.

Have fun! I love back to school sales.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have the Candy Apple Red as shown in JollyCynic’s photo. I got mine from jetpens.com, and it did not come with the Eradicator. However jetpens.com sells those, and I ended up getting the 2-pack.

They are a seriously cool design.

Posted Image