The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ebonite & Celluloid Missing Nib

ebonite celluloid 1940s 1930 lever filler button filler flex nib

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tommyhoo

tommyhoo

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:53

Dear fountain pen people,

First time post, lifetime fountain pen writer.

I have recently inherited a few fountain pens from my grandmother. One is a mint condition parker 45 with her name engraved, a nice memory to own.

The other two pens are a little more complex to describe, they are I’m guessing of a 1940’s design. Pictures below.

One is an ebonite button filler with a missing pressure bar inscribed 'Luxor'. The other is a blue celluloid candy stripe lever filler, again with my grandmothers name engraved and the word 'Alfa'.

Both pens are missing sac’s and more importantly, missing feeds and nibs.

I did a little measurement of the sections and I have to believe that both pens would have had a feed that is about 4mm in thickness. I know there are plentiful replacement nibs available, but as you will know, they are all starting at 5mm or ar a #5.

As it is now, I have two broken fountain pens that are, at best, a nice memory. However, I am a daily fountain pen user and I would much rather see these pens restored and added to my routine, maybe as a flex pen, a daily writer or even fill one up and use it in the office.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

WP_20180715_002.jpg

WP_20180715_004.jpg

WP_20180715_001.jpg

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ebonite, celluloid, 1940s, 1930, lever filler, button filler, flex nib

Sponsored Content

|