10 New Lamy Inks At The End Of The Year!

mazinger55

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1nkulus

• TSherbs

• Astronymus

• Honeybadgers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read somewhere there might be a delay until spring 2019. Bottling problems.

I hope not.

IIRC, the original plan to launch the inks by year end rather than just announce them?

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I've never been interested in the newest lemon chiffon ink so haven't been following this thread ... didn't know that I was missing a spirited discussion about the Lamy brand!

I love Lamy but I also drive a Volkswagen so go figure. When I got the Aion it found its place on my dashboard for a while.

But what gets me are the strong feelings in this thread! Isn't that a sign of success? On other threads, there will be some chatter about the new Renaissance Quartz Lorenzo di Medici plastic pen, and whether the photos catch the hints of blue in the brown. *Yawn* But here, people are getting seriously angry! If I was a marketing strategist at Lamy I'd be happy about the excitement.

I like the ink bottles btw and will get the grey ink at some point. Otherwise, my ink choices will rarely be wilder than MB royal blue and Pelikan blue black.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Actually, unfortunately, the irritation was directed at times toward the writers of the posts, not just toward Lamy. I don't like all Lamy products and I am unstimulated by the pics of these new inks, but I am always interested to see what the company might offer next. I feel the same way about TWSBI offerings.

I've never been interested in the newest lemon chiffon ink so haven't been following this thread ... didn't know that I was missing a spirited discussion about the Lamy brand!

Just spirited 'run ins' with brand loyalists. :D

I am sure none of the opinions expressed here, have Lamy rushing to R&D.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Just spirited 'run ins' with brand loyalists. :D

I am sure none of the opinions expressed here, have Lamy rushing to R&D.

Once again you are off target - but I guess that as long as you can express yourself, that's all that matters.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Once again you are off target - but I guess that as long as you can express yourself, that's all that matters.

Like I just said.

This thread has gone to seed.

I read somewhere there might be a delay until spring 2019. Bottling problems.

Does this mean Lamy has bottled it by not bottling it until they bottle it so unbottling?

X

There are still 3 months until "the end of the year."

Instead of damning with rumors now, we could wait the 3 months and see what appears!

Does this mean Lamy has bottled it by not bottling it until they bottle it so unbottling?

Your question bottles... uhm boggles my mind. :gaah:

Your question bottles... uhm boggles my mind. :gaah:

It seems to be a boggling bottling. :lol:

Engineer :

• 4 weeks later...

I've owned Lamy products since I was in grade school: it's safe to say they are one of my favourite brands. But they've gone and done a Sailor with inks. Why not ten new colours in their practical signature bottles, at normal price? Would it bankrupt them? They deserve a bash.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I just hope they have the special edition orange as a regular ink! My favorite orange!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hmmm,

not sure what the true state of affairs is, but I have just received the bottles of the new Ink that I ordered at the weekend. The seller said their stocks were limited and that further supplies would arrive in the New Year, but to misquote "The ink is out there' :)

P.S. yes I am a Lamy addict so just had to see what the 'new' ink was like and compare with my current favourite the Chromatic ink from Caran d'ache

P.P.S. and yes there is truth in the saying about a fool and his money :rolleyes:

not sure what the true state of affairs is, but I have just received the bottles of the new Ink that I ordered at the weekend.

And you will be posting reviews of these colors?

Hmmm,

not sure what the true state of affairs is, but I have just received the bottles of the new Ink that I ordered at the weekend. The seller said their stocks were limited and that further supplies would arrive in the New Year, but to misquote "The ink is out there' :)

Which retailer, please?

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Hmmm,

P.S. yes I am a Lamy addict so just had to see what the 'new' ink was like and compare with my current favourite the Chromatic ink from Caran d'ache

P.P.S. and yes there is truth in the saying about a fool and his money :rolleyes:

Where did you buy it and how much did you pay?

Will do a review (at least an attempt) when I have had a bit of play......

For those that asked I got the ink from penandpaper.co.uk and paid the list price of £9.50 but bought enough to get the free shipping, which can be costly for us in the far north.......

Although afterwards I was trying to work out what I could add to colour champagne as this would be much cheaper to use as an ink :yikes: