The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

[Pen Identification] Help Identifying This Rollerball?

id identification rollerball

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MoistWaffle

MoistWaffle

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:19

Hi all, 

This rollerball was my dad's and he used to write with it quite a bit. There's no branding in it. I don't know how old it is, but my dad passed away 6 years ago and there's still a hauser bill 707 sf in it. I'd venture to guess it's mid-to-late 90s. He wasn't much of a pen guy, but he enjoyed writing with this one.

I don't know much about rollerball pens. It looked like a Waterman to me, but I can't find it. Any help would really be appreciated!

Thank you!

Edit: More photos may be found here https://imgur.com/a/WL30bvk

Edit 2: It was gifted to him in the late 90s while we were living in Russia. My mom thinks she recalls it being a Parker, but isn't sure. 

Attached Images

• DSC_8789.jpg

Edited by MoistWaffle, 13 July 2018 - 12:45.

Sponsored Content

#2 Studio97

Studio97

Studio97

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:47

The pattern design on the pen makes me think of an Ohto rollerball, but I can't confirm it.

#3 MoistWaffle

MoistWaffle

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:53

The pattern design on the pen makes me think of an Ohto rollerball, but I can't confirm it.

Thank you for the reply! I'll look into Ohto after work and see if I can find something to match. 

There's more photos here if it helps: https://imgur.com/a/WL30bvk

I'm fairly certain my dad was gifted this pen by a business partner, but he seemed to write with it more than other pens he was gifted which were from well-known manufacturers. I'll ask my mom whether she knows what country and when he was gifted it at least, in case it's a local manufacturer. It's a nice pen and I plan to hang on to it due to sentimental reasons, but I'm curious as to what it may be. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: id, identification, rollerball

Sponsored Content

|