Mont Blanc - Swan Illusion Plume

namrehsnoom

attachicon.gif 2C02EED7-EBA6-4107-9C41-9A2BDB7BBA3C.jpeg

attachicon.gif 4F9AB341-8CB8-4E31-B8DF-17379B66430B.jpeg

Namrehsnoom sees some admirable qualities in this ink, and does such a terrific job of analysis that these qualities may be there. My opinion: I dont see any attraction. What Arragon was saying about mediocrity in this passage, well, he could have been talking about this ink.

Bobje, I love your writing! And, I believe your writing samples really show the ink well.

One thing I really love about FPN: That we can all have different opinions and still be friends. :D

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• DrDebG

• Chrissy

• bobje

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1558741732__mb_swan_illusion_2.jpg

fpn_1558741712__mb_swan_illusion_1.jpg

These aren't the best photos (taken with an iPhone under LED desk lighting), but I think you can see that the color really varies with the pen. My one and only EF is out being "tuned up". So, I wanted to show you what the ink looks like with a drier nib (my Pilot VP stub nib) and with the wetter nib (my Pilot VP fine nib).

I am not a big fan of brown or gray inks. But I really like this ink. Out of the 60 or so inks that I have, this has worked its way into my top 5.

Deborah,

I appreciate you taking the time and posting the writing samples. I have 2 bottles of it. I am going to load it back up in another pen and try again. I have a B Jowo nib somewhere. My writing sample looks golden brown. I see you changed you avatar again : )

Regards,

David

Edited by JesusNeverTappedOut

Deborah,

I appreciate you taking the time and posting the writing samples. I have 2 bottles of it. I am going to load it back up in another pen and try again. I have a B Jowo nib somewhere. My writing sample looks golden brown. I see you changed you avatar again : )

Regards,

David

Hi David,

I hope that you find the color to be as enjoyable as I do (and I am definitely NOT a brown/grey person!). Yes, I did change my avatar again. I thought I would inspire myself everyday with the pen that I hope to possess someday . . . maybe . . . or maybe not. Please keep me posted on how you like Swan Illusion.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

What a WONDERFULLY done review! Congratulations, and thanks!

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Dr. Deborah,

Your enthusiasm for this ink gives me hope that Montblanc will continue to take risks with new colors.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Dr. Deborah,

Your enthusiasm for this ink gives me hope that Montblanc will continue to take risks with new colors.

Thank you! I know that this ink is not for everyone. But then again, I think I am different than most.

I am not a huge fan of oversaturated, oversheening inks, nor "shimmer", "glimmer", "ALACAZAM!" inks either. While the color is the primary feature in an ink, for me formulation is a very close second, and in some cases even trumps the color. That formulation includes being moderately wet with some lubrication, dries in an acceptable amount of time with limited to no feathering, bleedthrough or show through on most papers, very slight to no smell and relatively easy to clean out. Montblanc Swan Illusion fills all of those qualifications.

I am not a huge fan of oversaturated, oversheening inks, nor "shimmer", "glimmer", "ALACAZAM!" inks either.

Almost all my inks are oversaturated, with some sheen or a lot of sheen, until I bought the Swan Illusion. It arrived today, and I am pleasantly surprised by the performance. I was prepared for a dry ink, like MB toffee brown, but Swan Illusion is wetter and extremely smooth in my OBB nib.

The ink looks more beautiful after it dries on paper. It is a subtle beauty. Like the feathers of a swan.

Edited by LyaT

Almost all my inks are oversaturated, with some sheen or a lot of sheen, until I bought the Swan Illusion. It arrived today, and I am pleasantly surprised by the performance. I was prepared for a dry ink, like MB toffee brown, but Swan Illusion is wetter and extremely smooth in my OBB nib.

The ink looks more beautiful after it dries on paper. It is a subtle beauty. Like the feathers of a swan.

:thumbup:

I find it even continues to "cure" for several hours on paper, so that it looks most beautiful the day after!

I have been using Swan Illusion for a few days now. It is becoming my favorite color. Should I stock up another bottle because it is a limited edition? It is such a special color.

For fans of Montblanc swan illusion.

post-123774-0-07041800-1560615009_thumb.jpeg

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

• 2 months later...

For fans of Montblanc swan illusion.

attachicon.gif 9CB98558-08EF-478F-8CA6-3F84D6C6DD9E.jpeg

I just got back to this thread. Thank you, Bobje, for the great writing sample.

I have been using Swan Illusion Plume steadily for the last few months and I must say that it has become one of my top 2 favorite inks - the other being MB Unicef Blue. I dearly love both of these inks because of the way they write in just about any pen I put them in.

While others have inks differing views (Yeah for that!), I have to say that I love this ink!

5Cavs, Duma, Lya,

Montblanc makes some really nicely behaving inks. I’m a fan of toffee brown, corn poppy red, and Antoine de St. Exupery. I am glad you are fans of Swan Illusion!

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

ITALY AND THE UK

5Cavs, Duma, Lya,

Montblanc makes some really nicely behaving inks. Im a fan of toffee brown, corn poppy red, and Antoine de St. Exupery. I am glad you are fans of Swan Illusion!

+1 After Swan Illusion, I bought toffee brown and blue hour. I am becoming a Montblanc ink fan.

I like Swan Illusion in narrow nibs. I tried it in a pelikan OB, which made it looking very pale. Now I have it in a M605 F nib, looks wonderful.

You writing sample is lovely!

• 2 years later...